• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WS's Voyage back to 2.6 and Beyond!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thing has been running 6hours stable so far with temps hitting 50c :(

Going to pop the IHS hopefully tomorrow...

Running it at 290 x 9 with a 9:10 divider.

edit: 9 hours stable :)

Last edited:
Nice seams like it is going better what did you change ? more volts ?

50c is fine especialy for the rads you are using

There is something screwy with this CPU...

Last night before I went to bed, I check the voltage with my DMM. The second I put the senors to the points. It errored out.

I was like wtf?

I rebooted. Set everything back up to run again, I get an error at 1 min mark? I thought it might have been just something screwwy. So I run it again. It all night and then it fails seven hours.

I am burning this CPU right now with 1.3v @ 2.0GHz to try to get something going on.

||Console|| said:
what test are you ruuning large or small ? Dont run blend

Running Blend :x

AFAIK you are supposed to run blend.

BBL later. Going to the target range today!

Dont run blend , because you might be getting errors from your ram run small and tell me if it passes for a while .

||Console|| said:
Dont run blend , because you might be getting errors from your ram run small and tell me if it passes for a while .

Ram is fine. Ran memtest86 full test on it for 9+ hours with no errors.

Just because it is memtest stable doent mean it is windows stable . Just belive us when we till you dont use blend when you are trying to find your max oc . If you really want to run it run it after you have every thing locked down as stable .

||Console|| said:
Just because it is memtest stable doent mean it is windows stable . Just belive us when we till you dont use blend when you are trying to find your max oc . If you really want to run it run it after you have every thing locked down as stable .

Well, my package from Petra's came in today :eek: Ordered it Tuesday NIGHT too. Got some yate loons, barbs, and tubing :D Will see how this fairs :)

A #10 bolt will self-thread into the average (plastic) 120mm fan hole (not the case hole), so if you're just attaching a grill to a fan use the #10. But I've no personal experience w/Yates so your results may vary. ;)

I think the standard thread for case mounting holes (and probably rads, too) are #6 ...

QuietIce said:
A #10 bolt will self-thread into the average (plastic) 120mm fan hole (not the case hole), so if you're just attaching a grill to a fan use the #10. But I've no personal experience w/Yates so your results may vary. ;)

I think the standard thread for case mounting holes (and probably rads, too) are #6 ...

The yates I have are a solid body so I need some 6-32 1-1/4" through bolts for it.

I couldn't find any 1 - 2" standoffs at home depot. Anyone know where I should get any?

By "standoff" do you mean something like a spacer (short length of small tubing)? I found some aluminum ones at Ace but I think they're actually bushings. They worked great for spacers though ... :)

QuietIce said:
By "standoff" do you mean something like a spacer (short length of small tubing)? I found some aluminum ones at Ace but I think they're actually bushings. They worked great for spacers though ... :)

I can't think of the exact. But I know my old work has them. I can get them pretty easily there.

Last edited:
Back