• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WS's Voyage back to 2.6 and Beyond!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
||Console|| said:
Just because it is memtest stable doent mean it is windows stable . Just belive us when we till you dont use blend when you are trying to find your max oc . If you really want to run it run it after you have every thing locked down as stable .

Yes... memtest is carp unless you want to know if the memory is completely flaked. Start off with Super PI and experiment with timings & speeds, you'll learn a lot about your ram pretty quickly.

Also, what bios are you using? T-C-C-D == 623-3 :D

It will tell you your Bios Revison when you are booting up on the first screen . Manny ppl before have said you will have probs going over 2.6 on the stock bios .

He's on 0406... see the bios date in the cpu-z shot. You definitely need to get Tmod's bios CD. Then at least try 623-3 & 0406BTA. I have one rig right now on 0406 stock, but it's not highly OC'd at this point.

harlam357 said:
He's on 0406... see the bios date in the cpu-z shot. You definitely need to get Tmod's bios CD. Then at least try 623-3 & 0406BTA. I have one rig right now on 0406 stock, but it's not highly OC'd at this point.

I am kinda worried about installing Tmods BIOS CD. How does it flash? I really suck at flashing BIOSes... My weakpoint :eek:

No install necessary... it's a bootable CDRom. All you need to do is make sure your system is set to boot from CDRom, and that it's stable... do not flash your system while it is not verified stable... lots of folks back down to stock for flashing, just to be safe.... then just follow the menus. Pretty simple. ;)

harlam357 said:
No install necessary... it's a bootable CDRom. All you need to do is make sure your system is set to boot from CDRom, and that it's stable... do not flash your system while it is not verified stable... lots of folks back down to stock for flashing, just to be safe.... then just follow the menus. Pretty simple. ;)

I know I boot from CD. So I flash to the new tmod bios while @ stock timings and I should be good?

Tmods CD has pretty much every known bios for pretty much every DFI board out there. It's a collection of bios flashes as well as a utility CD (memtest/hd utils/prime/etc). These is no specific "Tmod" bios. He is just the collector and collator of all these bios flashes.

And I recommend starting off with 623-3 since you have TCCD... also, remember that when you flash to a different bios version, your CMOS Reloaded profiles will likely be junk or unstable or may not allow the machine to boot. I recommend not saving those profiles to CMOS. You can load them up in bios and look at them, but I recommend loading Optimized Defaults and rebuilding those profiles from there. Basically, since some bios versions vary so drastically, settings from a different bios version don't necessarily mean the same thing to another different bios version.

harlam357 said:
Tmods CD has pretty much every known bios for pretty much every DFI board out there. It's a collection of bios flashes as well as a utility CD (memtest/hd utils/prime/etc). These is no specific "Tmod" bios. He is just the collector and collator of all these bios flashes.

And I recommend starting off with 623-3 since you have TCCD... also, remember that when you flash to a different bios version, your CMOS Reloaded profiles will likely be junk or unstable or may not allow the machine to boot. I recommend not saving those profiles to CMOS. You can load them up in bios and look at them, but I recommend loading Optimized Defaults and rebuilding those profiles from there. Basically, since some bios versions vary so drastically, settings from a different bios version don't necessarily mean the same thing to another different bios version.

Will the BIOS cd automattically flash for me? I just go through, select the 623-3 BIOS and it will flash it for me ect ect?

I will try this possibly tonight.

Also, I just found out I did not have the dual core hotfix installed on my system. Do you guys think that this could have something to do with my flaky stabilities?

Running with no IHS now :D

Pics will be up later.

What the HECK... I just had the system randomly turn off...

Going to leave it on while I am at lunch idle to see if anything happens again.

Last edited:
Found out it is the new version of coretemp making me crash.... Both times I have opened it, a minute later I crash and I just opened it to have the system lock up.

Anywho here's the sexyness. Took me about 20 mins. Was a crapton easier than I thought!

The opty 170
DSCN0705.jpg

The IHS! Wasted all that time making it all pretty for nothing!
DSCN0709.jpg

Update. The WC loop is complete only thing left is filling it.

I forgot my digital camera at school like an idiot so no pics :(

I will clue in what I did though ;)

External rad :p

Sounds good WS... can't wait to see how it turns out. :D

...but temps & OCs will do in the meantime. ;)

harlam357 said:
Sounds good WS... can't wait to see how it turns out. :D

...but temps & OCs will do in the meantime. ;)

Top secret!! I will unveil all when complete :p

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

Excuse the crap tube clamps. I can't find Swiftech sleves ANYWHERE for 5/8" tubing.

OCing process will begin again. Temps can't really be scaled right now due to higher ambient temps. I usually keep my room 65-70f. It's about 76 right now.

Will post back soon.

edit: if anyone knows where I can get some coolflex sleves let me know!!

Last edited:
Back