• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X-Fire, Folding and Gaming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
This could fit in a few sub-forums so I'll put it here.

Now that I have my 3570K installed, I can clearly see in games that my 7850 is the bottleneck.
Since the 270x can be X-Fire'd with the 7850, I was thinking I could do this no?

So would X-fire mess up F@H? Would it still put out the same amount of points?
Also, would an X-Fire'd 270x + 7850 be sufficient to run games better?

Skyrim is rather low on FPS with the mods I have now, ~38-50 FPS at best. Would X-Fire help?
Minceraft is still crap, but whatever - I know there's no X-Fire compatibility there.

I don't plan on buying any new games or gaming at larger resolutions; 1440x1050 is what I have now.
I figured instead of having the 270x separate and purely for folding only, I'd make the most of the system and X-Fire.
Maybe one day I'll buy a 280x or R9 290...

Minecraft is pure CPU. That game can literally make ANY system lag due to the nature of endless rendering. All the jokes about it drive me bonkers. i5 @ 4400 should be pretty good though...

Skyrim will perform better with crossfire. Make sure you install the fixes for it.

You can disable x-fire easily in CCC for F@H if youre concerned with that.

Minecraft is pure CPU. That game can literally make ANY system lag due to the nature of endless rendering. All the jokes about it drive me bonkers. i5 @ 4400 should be pretty good though...

Skyrim will perform better with crossfire. Make sure you install the fixes for it.

You can disable x-fire easily in CCC for F@H if youre concerned with that.

Minceraft being a CPU intense game, I thought I'd see a large improvement too - I see none at all kinda. CPU usage before was ~ 50% now with the 3570K it's 25%... Still 53 FPS with shaders mod on so it's not too bad but still...

Fixes for Skyrim? Didn't know about that, I'll have to check into that. :)

I fold 24/7, so disabling it and rebooting everytime I want to fold is... well, not going to happen :p
I thought I read somewhere that X-Fire and F@H is the same as folding with the 2 cards? If so, then I should be good to go.

I don't know anything about F@H. Tried it for adak, but I couldn't get it to work, and it just drove me bonkers trying to sort it.

And yeah, minecraft is EXTREMELY cpu dependant. There is no "average fps" with minecraft. If you are rendering the colossus of rhodes... you're gonna have less fps than a 2 story house...so yeah, ymmv there...

crossfire will have no effect on folding.

only in gpu usage will you see game improve with crossfire.
in fs10 you see little improvement with a better card, it takes cpu like minecraft.

crossfire will have no effect on folding.

only in gpu usage will you see game improve with crossfire.
in fs10 you see little improvement with a better card, it takes cpu like minecraft.

I forget what you are folding on caddi.
You are folding on X-fire'd cards?

I've heard the same about xfire and folding, it won't affect your folding at all, treats both cards as separate, and your gaming will be better, except for minecraft (great game :D)

I've heard the same about xfire and folding, it won't affect your folding at all, treats both cards as separate, and your gaming will be better, except for minecraft (great game :D)

Yes - I can confirm since I'm running X-fire now :D

Next step: Quad Fire! :drool:

Back