• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x2 5000 BE overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi

I am considering upgrading from a 3800+ 939 Venice on an Asrock Dual sata2 mobo and was thinking of using this processor (5000 Black edition) with the AM2cpuboard and 2 GB Crucial ram. Anyone know if this would work in o/c mode?

If that works ( bios support etc ) it will be extremly bandwith limited with PC3200 ram and 2x512 L2. Better buy some cheap biostar mobo and some Windsor with 2x1MB cache.

The AsRock mobo supports AM2 chips via the AM2CPU board which needs DDR2 800 Ram anyhow.

Trying to keep the price down so I can use my two IDE hard drives with my two SATA drives.

The E2220 looks ok but hard to source.

I've never heard of it being broken before. The temps always looked reasonable to me.

The Brisbane diodes are broken, look at your CoreTemps when the CPU is at idle (especially at stock speeds), you will see below ambient temps which are impossible.

Well the only comparison any of us have are the MB sensors which do seem to be semi-accurate, the diode gives temps that are anywhere from 10-20C too low and that delta does not seem to scale linearly. Use your motherboards utilities to find out the actual temperature of your CPU. CPU-Z's vcore reading has never been terribly accurate for any chip imho, best thing for that is a multimeter.

Hi

I am considering upgrading from a 3800+ 939 Venice on an Asrock Dual sata2 mobo and was thinking of using this processor (5000 Black edition) with the AM2cpuboard and 2 GB Crucial ram. Anyone know if this would work in o/c mode?

Then again I could look at a E2220 with new mobo etc but about $100 more to spend. :confused:

Am using hiper 525W psu with DVD drive, 9800 pro (to be u/g to 7600Gt or thereabouts) and 4 hard drives.

TIA :)

Buy the AMD 5000+BE setup and use the $100 you save from the intel setup and add that to the money you were gonna use to buy the 7600GT and just buy a 8800 gt. Then you will be very happy.:bday:

Buy the AMD 5000+BE setup and use the $100 you save from the intel setup and add that to the money you were gonna use to buy the 7600GT and just buy a 8800 gt. Then you will be very happy.:bday:

:bday:

Don't know if the AsRock dual sata2 would overclock and if at all well with the AM2CPU board as no one seems to have ever used it.

Starting to think the 'I' word...:-/

Back