• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x570 chipset replacement fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Lots of folks seem worried about chipset fans, either the noise or their longevity.

I'm wondering if the board manufacturers or even third party concerns will come up with replacements. It would be a bummer to spend $300+ on an x570 motherboard and have the chipset fan bearings go out after 2-3 years.

Or maybe the board manufacturers are using hydro bearings or some other long lasting almost forever bearing technology. Does anyone know?

If there is money to be made, I'm sure there will be replacement fans. That said, I've had 1 fan go bad since I've been on this site, on any of my Pc's. I do not feel that this will be a big issue.

I don't know about all boards but some of them have controllable chipset fans and good passive cooling letting the fan remain idle. The only time I heard them ramp up was during stress testing.

The first thing that popped in my head when I heard about the chipset fans, ‘How easily can they be replaced if they fail?’

I wouldn't worry about this, really. Worst case is RMA the board... best case a replacement fan.

My first thought was can i replace it with a chipset block? I havent really taken the time to see if one of the older koolance, dd blocks etc would mount up correctly but im sure it could be done. It would definately look better!

I wouldn't worry about this, really. Worst case is RMA the board... best case a replacement fan.

Not if the board is out of warranty. And the warranties are usually, what? 1 year?

Not if the board is out of warranty. And the warranties are usually, what? 1 year?
Youd have to worry about any/every part when it's out of warranty. What if a SATA port goes down? Your nic? Etc...

3 years for most.

Last edited:
Found this on the Gigabyte website
Smart Chipset Fan Heatsink
Smart Fan

Provides 3 different operating modes to minimize noise and extend the fan’s longevity. Silent, Balanced and Performance modes, choose the mode that suits you the best in any situation.

High Durability

X570 motherboards adopt a high quality ball bearing fan which guarantees 60,000* working hours.

* MTBF, A standard measurement that continuously operates under certain criteria with 90 % of confidence level.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus X570 pro Wifi mobo and the fan makes a constant loud grinding noise. Twice now when booting up I got an error screen stating the PCH fan is broken, but performing a hard reset allowed me to boot into Windows. My Mobo is less than 2 weeks old.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus X570 pro Wifi mobo and the fan makes a constant loud grinding noise. Twice now when booting up I got an error screen stating the PCH fan is broken, but performing a hard reset allowed me to boot into Windows. My Mobo is less than 2 weeks old.
Bad luck. :(

I would be interested to see how Giga responds when you bring it up to them...

Back