• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x570 chipset replacement fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fan on my Taichi stopped working, ASROCK is sending a replacement..

Thanks, Dave for the input. Some guys poopooed my concern when starting this thread but you have validated my concern.

Poopooed? Naaa. I know I said they would RMA (board or 'at best the fan'). That's exactly what we saw. As you know, not every part lasts through their warranty period.. it's just a curve of probable failure rates. But after the board is out of warranty, what can you replace anyway? Your concern was within '2-3 years' and that is (for most boards) under warranty. What happens when a [name part here] dies after warranty? I don't understand why this is different.

It's a valid concern, but when within that 3 year period, it isn't an issue. I would bet you could source these from the vendor, perhaps for a fee, after they are out of warranty too. :)

Last edited:
Components with moving parts (like fans) are more likely to fail than those without them. As you note, the real question would be, is the manufacturer going to make that part available for purchase after the warranty is expired? Or, will there be aftermarket equivalents available? Many people would be wanting to use a motherboard for a good period of time beyond the warranty. If there were no fan to fail, that would not be an issue.

I believe a legitimate cause for concern is brought up here. My daily is currently 12 years old and it would be a bummer if something like a fan stopped working and it could not be replaced.

Back