• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon Cpu's ..Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

xeon 2400/512L2/400/1.5 & 2800/512L2/533/1.5

as im not to familiar with intel .. does anyone know how well a xeon would overclock? or better yet how good my system would be if i got a dual cpu board ? im looking for best performance and of course not trying to spend a ton of money ...
what would be a good single cpu board for xeon 2.8 533 fsb ? also a dual board that could support both the 2.4 400 fsb and a 2.8 with 533 fsb ?
please give me some feedback as im not to good with anything except amd based ....

Last edited:
Xtreme Barton said:
bump bump bump bump bump bump it up ..

Why would you bump something after an hour?
You don't have to be so impatient, you know this isn't a junior high poster class....

probably the same reason you are monitoring threads and replying with no info ... but hey thanks i guess... and yes im limited on time .. sorry to disappoint you soooo much :cry:

Don't mean to bump an old post, but I am also looking for this answer. I have 2 of these xeon 2400/512L2/400/1.5 chips.

I'm wondering what the default core speed and multiplier is.. Is it true you devide the FSB by 4 to get the chip's clock speed? so would this be running at 100x24? The multiplier seems kinda high this way but worth asking. I have the chips but haven't set it up yet due to the memory still in the process of being shipped.

True true thanks for the advice. I have to say that the info I am looking for is just for one of the chips, the other chip would then have the same info :)

Back