• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon game server build liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpjet64

So I have been using hosting services for many years now and finally, have the home internet speeds to host myself. I am working on putting together a build based off of dual Xeon E5-2690v2 with 128gb ram 2133mhz. My main pc is water-cooled on the CPU and soon the GPU as well so I have experience with it. I am looking to water cool the Xeons in this build to manage sound levels and temps. I have been unable to find a water block that is compatible with the E5-XXXX-v2s and I was hoping someone on here could point me in the correct direction. I think I will go with a single 480mm radiator and one of those nice EK pumps and 10mm hose. Probably a 100ml reservoir as well. Also, I should say that I have been using the 2690v2s for a while now for hosting game servers and they work great!

Last edited:
Can o please take a picture of the socket ILM, i think its a narrow 2011 and if so you just need to buy a mounting plate and then you can put something like a normal supremacy block.

Can o please take a picture of the socket ILM, i think its a narrow 2011 and if so you just need to buy a mounting plate and then you can put something like a normal supremacy block.

I am waiting to purchase everything until I have a full build designed that has a 90% chance of working out lol. I did see the mounting plate you suggested but when I was researching more about the EK block that goes with it I was seeing a lot about how it's not compatible with the Xeons. I did see a lot mentioning it uses a narrow socket though.

You really have to choose a board 1st, there's 2 versions of ILM on 2011 socket, narrow or squared. I think most of the dual socket/server grade boards are narrow ILM and if that comes to be your case you need the mounting plate i told you, if not, a normal block compatible with socket 2011 is everything you need.

You really have to choose a board 1st, there's 2 versions of ILM on 2011 socket, narrow or squared. I think most of the dual socket/server grade boards are narrow ILM and if that comes to be your case you need the mounting plate i told you, if not, a normal block compatible with socket 2011 is everything you need.

Thank you so much! I didnt realize that the normal socket would still work.

Back