• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 7800GTX Problem (Need Help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Ok I think I did something bad... ugh.

Well Today I decieded to use cool bits and OC my GPU to 500MHz from 450 (XFX has models that come with a higher clock than my 450). It ran 3d Mark 05 well and got a nice score. But I guess I had an unsupported version of forceware so I upgraded to the supported version listed on futuremarks site for the Geforce 7xxx series. I forgot to lower my GPU clock and installed forceware.

It installed fine and I clicked restart. It restarted but now wont display anything. It doesnt even show the card info when the comp boots. I dont see anything, BIOS, boot screen, graphics card info.... I reset my CMOS just incase but that wasnt the prob.

The system wasnted overclocked, just the GPU was overclocked a tad. Can someone help me?

installing forceware while overclocked is no big deal, it just eliminates the coolbits entry and starts from scratch. if you're not getting anything to show it's something catastophic that happened, gotta troubleshoot everything.

crimedog said:
installing forceware while overclocked is no big deal, it just eliminates the coolbits entry and starts from scratch. if you're not getting anything to show it's something catastophic that happened, gotta troubleshoot everything.

I didnt think it would matter either but something happened. Im really confused as to what happened.

WTF it works!

I dunno what fixed it but I am relieved. I tryed booting it with my LCD plugged into the other spot, then i tryed the normal sport. I then pushed my card up a bit (one of my short IDE cables is kinda pushing it down). The last time I booted it worked.

I still have no idea why it wouldnt work earlier, anyone have any ideas?

SniperXX said:
I didnt think it would matter either but something happened. Im really confused as to what happened.

if you can't figure it out, reformat and reinstall windows.

I had a card just not show a picture once. I took it out and reseated it and BAM, it worked. Sometimes ya just gotsa to reseat her.

soulfly1448 said:
I had a card just not show a picture once. I took it out and reseated it and BAM, it worked. Sometimes ya just gotsa to reseat her.

Yeah I think that was it. But I didnt take it out I just pushed it towards the slot more, but again i dont think it moved a bit.

Isn't it something to do with oxidation? Over time the contacts in the port and on the card get a little dirty with constat use etc. so reseating the card in the pci-e port may have cleared the crap out... anywho, it's working now so who cares - go game! :)

Use Rivatunner it is better, and the card would not blow from that small OC, my 7800 GT will do 510 fine on coolbits.

my xfx7800 gtx will not go higher then stock without issues on water (490/1300) coolbits autodetects at 491 (woohoo what an overclock!)

but anything higher and it starts to artifact. Guess I am stuck at stock

Back