• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-M 2400+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UH OH!

Thank you for contacting AMD's Technical Service Center. The 4.5w 2500+ runs at 1867MHz. The bus speed is 133MHz and clock multiplier is LOCKED at 14.0x

I'm assuming the 2400 is the same way regarding the locked multi part.

I'm really hoping it isn't locked, or this bad boy had better do 2700 MHz.

I have a mobile and I believe that the stock voltage and Ghz is 1.25volts and 1.8Ghz with a 266fsb which would give it a 13.5 multiplier, mine is also unlocked. If I run it at those setting and go in to sisoft sandra under CPU&BIOS it shows CPU core power at 45watts which is it rating. It will also run Prime95 with out any problem. The way I have it running right now in my sig it is putting out 150watts according to sisoft. It does start hitting the wall at about 2.3Ghz and I have to start pumping lots more voltage to get the extra 200mhz out of it. But when I run Prime95 or do Folding it never gets about 42c gotta love water cooling.
Also so when I boot up is shows as an unknown CPU however when I get in to win2k pro sisoft and CPUZ see it as a barton core.

are these chips smaller than the normal XP chips such as Bartons and Thortons???

and if they are will they work on desktop Mobo's with out problems????

I ask this cuz I just purchased a 1800 XP-M , after reading the comments on this thread, because I was excited to give it a go

I don't know about your 1800+ XP-M, but the mobile Bartons work fine in desktop rigs, so long as the board supports Vcore ranges from 1.1 and up (which most, if not all, nForce 2 boards do - even if it isn't a visible BIOS option).

Tell us how it goes if you do decide to give it a whirl :) :)

Cutter said:
are these chips smaller than the normal XP chips such as Bartons and Thortons???

They make mobiles with uPga packaging that are smaller than the typical socket A. The second letter of the OPN will be a E or a G for those. They're hard to get ahold of unless you're a OEM manufacturer.

I posted this in a new thread, but its dropped to the second page without a response . So I'll put it here.

Heh... I just recieved a week 42 unlocked barton. (XP-M)
XP-M 2400+ shipped from Newegg on the 19th.

AXMH2400FQQ4C 41F5580250084
AQYFA 0342MPM

I have a feeling I got lucky though. After E-mail correspondence with AMD tech support, I was convinced it would be locked. Good thing it's not because I doubt it has the intestinal fortitude to muster the 2700MHz needed for a 200MHZ FSB

I seen some reports that AQYFA week 42 regular bartons are hit and miss. If it was a different stepping and a later week, I'd be certain they were all unlocked.

Right of the bat I tried every multiplier between 9 and 12.5, no problems.

Right now she's priming @ 2083MHz. *crosses fingers for 2500*

EDIT: I really don't see how AMD could succesfully hard lock these like the other bartons and T-breds because, upon further investigation, The OS controls the Power Now! function. Power Now! drops the multi to 1/4 the default multi. IE a 12 multi gets dropped to 3.

I got all exited when I noteced Wcpuid had tweaks for Power Now!, like changing the multi. So I went and got the windows patch for Power Now! and installed it with the remote hope of it working. As I thought, it didn't.

Now I'm primming at 2350.

Last edited:
My overclocking method consist of cranking the voltage and pushing it as far as it will go. I don't do the "how high can it go at default thing".

1.85V in bios, slightly less than 1.9V measured.

What are your temperatures looking like? I am personally wondering if these run as cool as some other's results indicated.

If it *is*really cool, than more voltage shouldn't be bothersome to it at all :)

Hey, don't give up on locked processors just yet! Buy a Barton 2600+, and you get a semi-guaranteed 200 X 11.5 = 2300 MHz out of it - more if you have a motherboard with a good chipset, and some semi-good RAM.

BTW, the Thoroughbred core processor has been discontinued, and is no longer in production :(

felinusz said:
Hey, don't give up on locked processors just yet! Buy a Barton 2600+, and you get a semi-guaranteed 200 X 11.5 = 2300 MHz out of it - more if you have a motherboard with a good chipset, and some semi-good RAM.

BTW, the Thoroughbred core processor has been discontinued, and is no longer in production :(
what about the applebred does this include them to

I don't think so - week 45+ Applebred Durons are still available here and there. Most of the newer Durons are unlocked too - a link to an article about an unlocked week 47 was posted here in another thread about Durons a few days ago.

The Athlon XP 1800+ has stopped appearing after week 39 (and the infamou Thoroughbred 1700+, and 2100+, etc. were all discontinued quite some time ago). I also believe that AMD sent out an official "we discontinued the Thoroughbred" announcement a while back.

I know that my friendly local computer store salespeople have all told me that AMD is not shipping out Thoroughbred 1800+ chips; because they are "discontinued". The (locked) Thorton, and (locked) Barton have replaced the Thoroughbred in the Athlon XP series of processor. :(

Which is why these mobile processors (and the Applebred Durons, I might add) look so fun right now!

UberBlue said:
I got all exited when I noteced Wcpuid had tweaks for Power Now!, like changing the multi. So I went and got the windows patch for Power Now! and installed it with the remote hope of it working. As I thought, it didn't.
You need chipset support to do it. It is a registar in the KT333, KT400 and KT600, saw it somewhere. I don't know if the registar can be enabled for the NF2.

Back