• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp pro's ftp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bandit390

I've been trying to set up a ftp. When I searched I found I need to install IIS, I went through that process. Now what, I see nothing new?

Are you trying to install an FTP server? if so I would use one of the free ones available. I've been usingGuildFTP for a few years now and it has been rock solid.

If you want an FTP client then go and get the free SmartFTP as I have found its the best free client out there...... .02

Yes, this is for a ftp server. Does the one xp pro has suck that bad?

yes the ftp server in xp SUCKS that bad.

i made myself a 'private' ftp server.... using a very popular bit of software.... AIM !!! :D using the file transfer ability of it.

****EDITED TO STAY IN COMPLIANCE WITH FORUM RULES**** Just like an FTP program... but limited to if i'm online or not....

Last edited:
i did read the rules, don't remember anything stating i couldn't talk about file transfers through an instant messenger.... but if there is, then i will take the message down.... just get a mod to IM me or something, and i will delete it pronto.

besides, the RIAA thing was a bit of a joke....

12. Discussion of the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, copying, or theft of copyrighted materials is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to discussion of the use of peer to peer (P2P) applications for the purpose of obtaining copyrighted material. Discussion of P2P programs and networks is not forbidden; but there is to be no connection (stated, implied, or otherwise) to obtaining copyrighted material, or other illegal activities.

seems i was wrong.... deleting that one post now....

I must disagree with all the programs mentioned above. the EASIEST To configure, and BEST program is undoubtfully Fastream NETfile.
i use this for my CZ FTP server. works a charm :) VERY easy to setup and you can specify max bandwidth, min bandwidth, max users and a lot more.

When I searched I found I need to install IIS, I went through that process.

I suggest you uninstall it then if you're gonna use a 3rd party prog. You are probably running a webserver if you installed with default settings :/

Back