• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2100 thouroughbred 'B' ok on KR7A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mizzery

I am really wanting this chip and btw newegg has it back up on the website, but it'll probabally dissapear quick. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if this board will support the cpu. ABIT's site says the board supports up to xp2000+ thouroughbred, but i don't know if the site just isn't updated or what. A quick response would be appreciated so If this is possible i can get one before it goes out of stock again.

Well they say they're gone till the 24th, although i'll check periodically. I'm going to do some more research. I don't know the exact revision of my mobo or exact model # as I'm at work, but I'll find out more tonight.

The tbred b i'm getting is shipped unlocked - are there any other compatibility issues?

Mizzery said:
Well they say they're gone till the 24th, although i'll check periodically. I'm going to do some more research. I don't know the exact revision of my mobo or exact model # as I'm at work, but I'll find out more tonight.

Actually I think the one that's ETA 1/24 is the retail box, not the OEM TBred B.

The OEM TBred B XP2100+ has "Yes" under Availability. So it's available at this time. (1/21 4:52pm PST)

Good question. I also own the kr7-a and have been very pleased with it. However after reading all the rave reviews about the t'bred B 2100+, I wonder if this chip will work on my mobo. I am running the latest bios (cx). According to the abit web-site the bios will handle .13 micron t'breds up to 2000+. I don't want to make the $300.00 mistake like the article that was listed on the front of over-clockers web-site.

I have the KR7A also and was wondering the same thing . Also i am wondering will i have all the multiplers up to 18.5 if i put in the lastest bios as i will need these higher multipliers to overclock this chip as you can't put up the fsb much. When i have me Geforce 3 overclocked it doesn't like a FSB over 145.

The Multipliers from 13X - 22X are the problem with this board. You are goig to have to rely on 12.5 X the highest FSB you can push to get your highest overclock. Hopefuly you don't have a component that will limit you to 150MHz/300FSB.

Back