• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2100 Voltage???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Squeaky

My asus A7V333 motherboard thinks that my xp2100 is an xp2000 and was running ay 1.67GHZ so i up the fsb to get to the standard 1.71 GHZ so it was 12.5x137. Ok but do i need to up the voltage form the standard 1.750 as it now set
Thanks in advaced for any help possible.

Probably not.

The reason people up their voltage is because their system is unstable at overclocked speeds without more voltage.

To find out if your system is stable, do some tests, for example:
download the latest bug fixed version of Prime95:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Double click on PRIME95.EXE to start the program.

Just Stress Testing (if prompted) > OK >
Options > Torture Test > Blend (if prompted) > OK

The program should not give any errors.
It may be necessary to run the program 12-24 hours to make sure an overclocked system is stable (no program errors displayed).

If you wish to overclock your system further, 2100+ retail heatsink is not good for overclocking but if you get an all copper heatsink and if you have a name brand power supply, 2100+ is an excellent overclocker, (provided it's a 2100+ Thoroughbred B).

I highly doubt it is a T-bred since it's default voltage is 1.75 according to him. Sounds like a Polomino to me. Polominos don't make very good overclockers.

Squeaky, it sounds like you may be mistaken about your processor. Have you updated your bios recently? I don't see any reason why it wasn't detected as a 2100 at 133 FSB other than it is not really a 2100 or your bios is buggy. To the point, you only need to up your voltage if your system is unstable at the overclocked speeds. Make sure your temps stay in check when you are running above stock voltages.

Yeah all Palominos 1500+ through 2100+ are 1.75 volts and you will hardly be able to overclock a 2100+ Palomino at all because it's as far as they scale.

Back