• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

y does my 9800 pro only get 11k???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

just bought a 9800 pro 256mb fomr some1 on these boards, and i installed it and did a 3dmark01se, but to my sprise the card only gets 11k!!! i have a intel 3.0ghz prescott running at stock, and 1gb pc3200 ram. so im guessing its only the gfx card. and im using the latest catalyst drivers (4.9 i think).

the thing is when i first installed the drivers and restarted the computer as soon as i booted into windows, the display went all pixelated, with like 1 pixel thin pink lines everywhere!! so i restarted, and the lines were gone. but the screen still shaked a little, like water rippels... i changed the res. to max and it has stoped. but 3dmark01se stilll gets a little rippel!

any1 know if its the drivers or anything else? thanks in advanced!

ps. when i try to use the catalyst control center i keep getting a popup box saying "Extension" on some of the features. i.e. "3D" feature

arnoldma said:
just bought a 9800 pro 256mb fomr some1 on these boards, and i installed it and did a 3dmark01se, but to my sprise the card only gets 11k!!! i have a intel 3.0ghz prescott running at stock, and 1gb pc3200 ram. so im guessing its only the gfx card. and im using the latest catalyst drivers (4.9 i think).

the thing is when i first installed the drivers and restarted the computer as soon as i booted into windows, the display went all pixelated, with like 1 pixel thin pink lines everywhere!! so i restarted, and the lines were gone. but the screen still shaked a little, like water rippels... i changed the res. to max and it has stoped. but 3dmark01se stilll gets a little rippel!

any1 know if its the drivers or anything else? thanks in advanced!

ps. when i try to use the catalyst control center i keep getting a popup box saying "Extension" on some of the features. i.e. "3D" feature

Did you have an nVidia card installed before the ATi card???

Viper

Back