• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay!! Finally part of the 4GHz club!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1.5v on the nb seems awefully high for only 445mhz fsb. I'll bet you could back that down quite a bit. I'll bet your nb heatsink is a might toasty

Grats on joing the club :) Nice to see another 4gh quad, yay for 16ghz of intel power lol.

1.5v on the nb seems awefully high for only 445mhz fsb. I'll bet you could back that down quite a bit. I'll bet your nb heatsink is a might toasty

Remember it's a X38 board, not a P45.

sandyduff, even the last beta BIOS Abit released still doesn't fix the X2 issue?

I thot the heatsink on my NB would be super hot too but its fine... my case has great air flow so all is well...

And i don't know if the latest BIOS has fixxed it yet and to be honest i have no intention on trying it... if im having no problems i dont see the point in flashing the BIOS!! i still think its funny that 3Dmark reads my processor as a Pentium 3!! :D

Only reason I suggested it is because it appears the BIOS is not able to utilize the SSE 4.1 instructions in your chip (as shown in the CPU-Z screenie).

Only reason I suggested it is because it appears the BIOS is not able to utilize the SSE 4.1 instructions in your chip (as shown in the CPU-Z screenie).

Is that a bad thing...? What does it do exactly?

well done & congrats. is this result typical or common for that cpu/mobo? or is this a gem?

i really shouldn't read these threads since i have no time to play lol :beer:

You could probably get a lot more if you up the volts some. Of course, this is coming from a person that has ran 1.8+ on a Q6600, on air.

Your voltage preference might be lower. :)

GJ with the 4 though, I was quite happy when I got 4 for the first time. Of course I promptly upped the volts and went for more, trying to get a CPUz at a little above 4.4 now.

I misread...didn't notice the X38 board. Pop that bad boy on a p45 board and take'r to the sky!! That's great voltage for 4ghz. I'll bet with the right board and some more voltage you can get alot more out of it.

The q9650 I had for a week......long story......would do 4.4ghz w/~1.4v on my i45. Someone offered me $400 for it though, so I gave it up. Now with the new house there's no time/money to replace it.

Excellent job bro... especially on an X38 chipset.

and AFAIK and have experienced across ALL my processors, in P95, small FFT is what gets the yorkys the hottest. I saw a poll at another site confirming this as well.

Small FFT is for the CPU only as far as stability testing. A blend run with that should be all you need really (8+ hours).

Thanks for all the great comments guys...

Yeh i know this bad boy can go up to 500fsb but im not too sure how high my RAM can go... stock is 800MHz and its currently running at 900MHz (1:1)... and its at 2.1v... do you think it could go higher...?

ok! :D

i got this after about 10 minutes worth of work. ill take her further, im just not entirely sure what my voltage boundarys are, i have some reading to do heheh :)

Very nice!!

Isn't that vcore a little high for a 45nm? i know that the 65nm loved vcore but as far as im aware the 45nm variety are a little more delicate...

yeah ive backed it off a bit since that pic.. it didnt go higher then 55 with p95, but with linpack holy, it was up in the 70s heheh :) im just running an easy 425x10 with 1.36 for the moment, ive got to go to work in 5 mins, ill be able to test more when i get home :) while im at work, ill have time to find out what the do's and dont's are with these cpus

Cool... keep us informed!!

Do you reckon my 800MHz ram can go higher than 900MHz...? 2.1v going thru it...

try it out, you never know! i just got my new ram yesterday as well, so im learning what it likes, and doesnt heheh. not too long ago 800mhz ram used to be able to do 1200 if you played your cards right.. but i rekon those days are over :(

i shall give it a shot later... il probably have to lossen up timings but if i can get to 4.2GHz il be happy!! all depends on temps tho...

Back