• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another problem with AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creep-DK

Sorry in advance lads...this mobo is just getting on my nerves....ive been around since the 8088 days and i can honestly not remember ever handling a more dodgy/**** board than this....IF it runs and you dont change anything in settings its all good...but tbh...who wants a board like that ?

The list:

1: dodgy bios...when oc'ing every change has to go through bios twice before theres a chance it'll be saved and theres a good chance you might have to sit around waiting up to 5 mins to even get past bios....that can happen altho you've just changed something in bios..might not even be after oc'ing

2: i am currently VERY close to introducing this **** board to a sledgehammer after it suddenly decided theres no way in hell it will allow me to run more than 1 stick of ram....its been running the ram in my sig since the day i got it and then out of the blue thats no longer possible, i've ofc tested both sticks and both are working flawlessly...

3: i was like ok...maybe flashing bios might work....yeah well...if that was possible i would be glad, the how to on asrock hp tells how to do it on a old non uefi bios = worthless...ok i grab the bios file and put it on a usb stick and think i'll just flash it from the uefi...hell no...no matter which drive, usb or hd ....it simply wont find the file.

So now the only thing that keeps me from thrashing the board litterally or giving it to someone i really dislike is that i dont have the money to buy a new board atm, one thing is certain...it'll be a cold day in hell before i get another AsRock board...

PS. its not even been running any oc for months...pure stock speeds...both cpu and ram...hell even my gfx has been running stock
PPS if anyone has any ideas on what to do i'd be very happy to hear them

I'd try re-seating the CPU for starters. Then after you do that do a CMOS clear including battery removal. While you have the CPU out, check for bent pins too.

Back