• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another speaker thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yanks111

Um, if you may notice, the second computer in my sig has some really cruddy speakers. And when I mean cruddy I mean the kind that HP packs with their computers. Those were the only ones around in my house when I built the new computer the other day.

Ok, anything under $200 is fine for suggestions.

What I am debating over:
a. Another set of Logitech Z-560
b. Klipsch Promedia 4.1

Well now I am partially leaning towards the Klipschs, because I already own a pair of the Logitech, and I want to try something different, so I guess the Promedia 4.1s.

How do they sound? Better or worse than the Z-560's?

I have no personal experience, so I can't say. However, I have heard many good things about Klipsch, and many have said they're the best speakers short of some costly professional equipment. I'd go w/ Klipsch.

Logitech=louder
Klipsch=better sound quality

The problem with the logitechs is they dont have the good SQ or seperation. Everything is drowned out by the bass. On the other hand the Klipsch have great seperation, every high, mid and low is distint and clear.

rlemieux said:
Logitech=louder
Klipsch=better sound quality

The problem with the logitechs is they dont have the good SQ or seperation. Everything is drowned out by the bass. On the other hand the Klipsch have great seperation, every high, mid and low is distint and clear.

i agree with rlemieux, when i first recieved my 560's everything was really bassy, and i was dissapointed with the highs and almost non-existent mids... until i started messing with settings on my audigy card and winamp. after alittle tweaking, they sound just as good, not better.. but right on par with my buddies klipsch. also cost less too. what soundcard would we be pairing these up to?

The Logitech and Klispch are in another league the 5300 is just a bang of the buck thing. They are small and cheap. As for the two of course the Klipsch will be better. Klipsch is known for it's quality in the products and sound. Heard Logitech puts out alot of power, just that too much where all you can feel is bass.

to me, the logitechs are the best buy
quality wise not as good as the klipsch, but this is easily outweighed by the price difference....

creative 5300's are nowhere near either of these sets :)

lonewolf1983 said:
to me, the logitechs are the best buy
quality wise not as good as the klipsch, but this is easily outweighed by the price difference....

creative 5300's are nowhere near either of these sets :)

You have not listened to the Klipsch on a good sound card then. My 5.1's were worth every penny I spent.

I dont know about you, but you pay money for quality and thats just what the Klipsch are. If your really interested Logitech is releasing the Z680' in Australia in 60days:)

I will be using these speakers with an Audigy X-gamer, however I don't want, nor need a 5.1 system.

The reason I was thinking about the Klipsch over the Logitech is because the set of Z-560's I own seems to be VERY bass oriented, which is good for games, but not for music.(Unless you listen to rap).

From what I've heard the Klipsch use the added tweeter which gives the better highs, right?

The computer is used mainly for music and gaming, but more music.

If you want quality then go for the Klipsch, hands down. The Logitechs are a good speaker system for 100bucks, but compared to some other quality sytems out there they fall very short. There is really no speperation, they have good bass(though I feel its rather distorted) but the highs are lacking and there is almost no mids. Everything is drowned out by the bass.

With the Klipsch every sound is distint. I literally listened to songs I have been listening to for 10years and heard sounds in them I have never heard before. I used to install car audio also, so Ive heard them on some top of the line audio.

Now here is another choice for you, why not look in to the Cambridge 510D's? They are a quality 5.1 system, that are second best only to the Klipsch Promedia 5.1's. If I had 250 to spend and the choice between the 4.1's and the the 510D's even though I utterly dispise anything Creative makes, I think I would have to go for the 510D's.

My advise is to go down somewhere like BestBuy or CompUSA. Take a listen and see what you like the best. To me the Z560's were just over powered by bass, and it was not clean bass. To me quality is alot more important than quantity. Although I would have to say my 5.1's can rivial just about anything in bass. But the sub on the 5.1 and 4.1 are different and I think the Z560's edge out the 4.1's in bass, and bass only.

I have a set of Creative's Inspire 5300 and i think they are the best bang for the buck ATM, but they are only worth if you have a 5.1 card and will use them ONLY in a PC, i'm very happy with them, maybe the best stuff available here besides Cambridge

Back