• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YMMV - 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want a link to an openbox item simply look up the normal item and add an R to the end of the URL.

when i got my open box 7870 it showed up arround 4pm ish PST.

kicker is if your looking for something specific find the section it wiill pop up in and play a game or something and refresh, arround 3:30 start refreshing more and they are usually done posting by arround 6:00pm PST.

i managed this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127662&Tpk=N82E16814127662

open box plus shipping was $275, from $369 at the time of purchace when i got it, theres a MIR. i was hoping for a 7950 but one never showed up and i figured a 7870 for a 7850 price was a good deal, they priced the 7870 out of the way in my opinion

Yeah, the daytime open box deals are harder to catch than the night time ones. Saw a 7950 again last night for 268, and some lucky sob snatched a giga 680 with the monster 3 fan cooler for 420.

Yep, I got mine last week for 267 and have a full cover block on the way, hoping to hit 1200 core since I can do a thousand at 1.03v but the fan is silly loud at 100%. I dont think its making the best contact, we shall see when the wb comes in tomorrow.

The smaller SSDs are coming down in price alot recently. These sales on them are starting to become the norm.

Seems like ssd prices across the board have tanked the last month or two. Everything from the 90-120gb size to the 512gb ones have dropped well and truly below the $1.00/gb that was the norm a couple months ago. Its a pretty good time to be getting your first ssd, thats for sure.

Still pretty expensive for the 512GiB SSDs, at around $300+ for one. You're better off buying a smaller SSD, either 128GiB or 256GiB and just buying a large HDD for storage.

However, I can see there being a good thing with the 512GiB SSDs. You can provision more space for wear leveling and longer life (while still using a large HDD for storage). The larger SSDs coming to market have less write cycles then current smaller SSDs. The manufacturers are upping the MLC levels trying to pack on more data onto basically the same NAND.

SSD's are doing what 20gig UATA hard drives did when they were big.

i still dont trust them for storage though

Back