• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Guide to a cool Processor without any ThermalX Stuff and only Generic Components

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
U guys were absolutely right
i just got some generic thermal paste applied it and fired my machine and here it goes
32*C idle 37*C Load
instead of
37*C idle 41*C load

thefrag i heard that stuff sucks it is not artic silver so dont even think you are gettin anywhere near the performance you would if you cough up a measly $6 to get some AS3 or like $2 to get some artic alumina

Nice temp decrease. What did you change the grease to?

And Radio Shack's stuff is very basic, run of the mill white paste. It does the job, but there is deffinately better out there.

I have a can of industrial high quality white paste from where I used to work. I get better temps on all my CPUs with AS2 (don't have AS3).

@cAn O' Beans
Thx :)
THe new thermal grease has no Name ie no brand, but it is a well-made paste at least made in GERMANY
I am now thinking of adding another fan to have a total of 4 8 CM on top of my heatsink
the only problem being that my heatsink is not huge ie. standard sized so i am still trying to figure out how can i manage to put it on
but now i have no case fans as all my case fans are mounted on the Heatsink so i may also consider buying some 12 CM fans to be placed in the front and the back of my case

Back