• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your opinion on my build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyrizian

Registered
Tell me what you think, anything I should do differently? anything I should add? please let me know.

Thank you

My specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x @ 4.0 GHz 1.1875v
32 GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3000 MHz
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor OC
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Motherboard
Asus PCE-AC88 802.11ac Wireless Card
250 GB Kingston A1000 M.2 SSD
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
650 Watt Seasonic Focus 80+ Gold
Silverstone RL06BR-PRO with 4 Read LED Fans, ATX Case
HP Omen 25” 144 Hz monitor
HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Keyboard
HyperX Pulsefire Surge Mouse
Logitech Z625 2.1 Speaker System
Logitech C922 Pro 1080p Webcam
Blue Yeti Nano Microphone

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Last edited:
Is this a proposed build or one already put together?

What will be the range of uses for the system?

What about CPU cooling? Are? Will? you use the stock AMD cooler or aftermarket air? water? cooling device?

Don't see a case listed in catalog of components.

Is this a proposed build or one already put together?

What will be the range of uses for the system?

What about CPU cooling? Are? Will? you use the stock AMD cooler or aftermarket air? water? cooling device?

Don't see a case listed in catalog of components.

Yes, sorry, I should have included that information to begin with.

To answer your questions...

What will be the range of uses for the system? Gaming, Streaming, very little editing

What about CPU cooling? Are? Will? you use the stock AMD cooler or aftermarket air? water? cooling device? I am using the MSI Core Frozr L with an additional fan attached to it.

Don't see a case listed in catalog of components. I am using a Silverstone RL06BR-PRO with red LED Fans (4)(ATX)

Some questions:

1. What do you mean when you say you will be running your CPU at 4.0 ghz? The Ryzen 2600x has a base core speed of 3600 and a max boost of 4200? Are you overclocking all the cores to a base line of 4000 mhz?

2. 32 GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3066 MHz? There is no 3066 mhz memory that I know of. Is that speed based on an overclock of RAM rated for a lower frequency? Will you be using 4x8 or 2x16 modules?

Do you already have some of these components? Like the case? If you have yet to purchase the case I would encourage you to go fro a wider case that will accommodate a bigger cooler. If you are overclocking you may need a bigger cooler.

Some questions:

1. What do you mean when you say you will be running your CPU at 4.0 ghz? The Ryzen 2600x has a base core speed of 3600 and a max boost of 4200? Are you overclocking all the cores to a base line of 4000 mhz?

2. 32 GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3066 MHz? There is no 3066 mhz memory that I know of. Is that speed based on an overclock of RAM rated for a lower frequency? Will you be using 4x8 or 2x16 modules?

Do you already have some of these components? Like the case? If you have yet to purchase the case I would encourage you to go fro a wider case that will accommodate a bigger cooler. If you are overclocking you may need a bigger cooler.

I overclocked it to 4.00 GHz (All cores), I capped it there, because the temperatures are outstanding with very little voltage being used, at least what I am comfortable with anyways. I am idling at about 26c, 50c on load. I know I can push it farther, but this is the overclock I went with because it's stable and runs pretty cool.

Sorry, typo, I meant 3000 MHz RAM overclock, RAM timings are 16-18-18-38. I am still working on timings, I know I can get them lower, so improvement can be had here. I am using all 4 RAM slots, I know I should go Dual Channel for faster speeds, but it seems to be working quite well.

I have all these components already, but I could at some point transfer to a better case. As far as the cooler I am using, it seems to be handling the overclock I have quite well and with no issues. I don't want to push the clock speeds too far, I am pretty content with a small overclock on that.

I also hear many forums suggesting a 1440p monitor for my RTX 2070 to avoid bottlenecks, what do you think about this? Do you think I am okay with my 1080p 144Hz monitor, or should I push for that upgrade to 1440p?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Looks like a good build, it should do fine for your uses.:)

Thank you, I appreciate that

Last edited:
Okay, so this is an already done build. Thanks for that clarification. A 1440p monitor will be more taxing than a 1080p monitor and less so than a 4k monitor on the video card.

I'm not bottlenecked by 1080p 144Hz monitor with a RTX 2070. You will be fine.

Okay, thank you, then I won't make the jump to 1440p.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Okay, so this is an already done build. Thanks for that clarification. A 1440p monitor will be more taxing than a 1080p monitor and less so than a 4k monitor on the video card.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. So, if this was your build, what would you change exactly or add to it?

I wouldn't change anything. I think you made good choices and have a stable, well-balanced system. Sorry, I was a little confused about whether it was a planned build or already built. We usually get people who are wanting advice on proposed not yet purchased components that are not already in use.

I wouldn't change anything. I think you made good choices and have a stable, well-balanced system. Sorry, I was a little confused about whether it was a planned build or already built. We usually get people who are wanting advice on proposed not yet purchased components that are not already in use.

Okay, thank you so much for your input and advice, I appreciate it more than you know.

It's my fault, I should have clarified that from the start.

Welcome! Sounds like a nice build. 1080p won't hurt your performance one bit, but your system could handle 1440p if you wanted the higher resolution.

Back