• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z170 Extreme6. New build. Wont post, error 99.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AsRock states what I have is impossible. So RMA it goes. I hate newegg rma, so this should be fun. Ill report back in two weeks when and if I get my replacement.
Well.....you have it, so it's not impossible.
You will get a replacement.

RMA all set up. Pending shipping and Neweggs return department checking it in, they're going to give me a store credit for full price.
Now to decide what replacement.

1) Take a chance on another EX6.
2) Try a K6.
3) Try a Gigabyte gaming 5 or 6.
4) Try an Asus z170-A or Pro Gaming model.

Any pros/cons to any of those boards? Should I stick with the EX6 and hope for better luck?

You had selected the Extreme 6+ for some reason...right?
As this situation is absolutely unusual, I don't see any reason to not just get what you'd wanted to begin with. :shrug:

You had selected the Extreme 6+ for some reason...right?
As this situation is absolutely unusual, I don't see any reason to not just get what you'd wanted to begin with. :shrug:

It was recommended by a few people, and happened to be on sale when I was looking to order.
The other boards i listed were the other ones I was looking at. Im not going to worry about saving $5 over a better board any more (look where it got me), so if any of those boards have better specs/reviews/features then I would consider them as well. Based off my last newegg rma, it'll be two weeks before my rma is complete so I have some time to think it over.

And I'm certainly not ruling out replacing it with another ex6, i just want to make sure there's not a better option out there. I've had good luck with asrock up until now.

there isn t a reason to change. no mobo is really 'better'. this is just plum bad luck.

did you attach a screenshot to the rma showing what they said was 'impossible'?

there isn t a reason to change. no mobo is really 'better'. this is just plum bad luck.

did you attach a screenshot to the rma showing what they said was 'impossible'?

This is the email I received from AsRock, in its entirety: "contact your vendor and ask about the problem."
I called their North American support number (Californian based) and that's when he told me it was impossible and that I just need to RMA with Newegg. There was a slight language barrier, but I'm pretty sure he understood what I was describing.

Back