• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z170 Extreme6. New build. Wont post, error 99.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The one right next to the ps2 plug where I have my keyboard now?
20160626_230723_zpsu7f2an91.jpg

Same thing, no image found. I'll try again tomorrow, off to bed now.
Thanks again for all the help!

everything about this issue stinks.... think about returning this board.
an extreme 6 is not an extreme 4!!!!!!!!!!!

if you go back and reread the thread, he got an extreme 6 shipped with ext4 bios chip and that will have to be changed.
when he did the internet bios update it saw the bios chip as ext4.

Im gonna wait to hear from AsRock first before RMA, they're customer service is pretty quick. I hate dealing with Newegg RMA. Not only will I have to tear everything apart again, but I'll have to fight Newegg over everything and wait like two weeks without a replacement. I just went through this with them on a monitor, I'm not looking forward to doing it again. Hopefully AsRock can get the ex6+ bios loaded up for me.

if you go back and reread the thread, he got an extreme 6 shipped with ext4 bios chip and that will have to be changed.
who are you talking to in this post? We all know what happened!

the internet flash reads what's on the chip. If the chip had an ex6+ bios on it, it would pull the right one. The chips are not made for specific boards. They are blank and flashed at asrock.

Anyway, for giggles OP, try getting the latest bios for the Ex4+ on your usb stick and see if it recognizes it. It still shouldn't. But if it does, then it's for sure RMA.

Personally, I would still try a windows flash regardless of those instructionss.

Also, if this is under 30 days, I think you have to back to newegg.

The ex6+ file is a .50, whereas the ex4 (which is what's on mine) is a .20 file.
Im wondering if I download the newest ex6+ file and rename it as the .20 file if maybe it will see it?

At work until 5pm, so i have some time to mull it over.

I have had the Z170 Extreme 6 since Oct/15, recently following a Windows 10 fresh install via media creation tool upon reboot I was greeted with na debug 00 code. This refers to check cpu. From day 1 entire system has been under water. I tested all components out. Board went south and was sent in for an RMA, Fourth Asrock board I have owned first one to shat the bed

The ex6+ file is a .50, whereas the ex4 (which is what's on mine) is a .20 file.
Im wondering if I download the newest ex6+ file and rename it as the .20 file if maybe it will see it?

At work until 5pm, so i have some time to mull it over.
Now that is something even I wouldnt try honestly... your last ditch effort, to me, is flashing a bios in windows. If not rma back to newegg assuming it's within 30 days (which is what asrock will tell you anyway).

Out of curiosity....have you ever set the jumper to the back-up bios chip to see what's on it?

I did whem I was first having display issues, pretty sure it was the same. I'll double check tonight to make 100% sure.

who are you talking to in this post? We all know what happened!

the internet flash reads what's on the chip. If the chip had an ex6+ bios on it, it would pull the right one. The chips are not made for specific boards. They are blank and flashed at asrock.

Anyway, for giggles OP, try getting the latest bios for the Ex4+ on your usb stick and see if it recognizes it. It still shouldn't. But if it does, then it's for sure RMA.

Personally, I would still try a windows flash regardless of those instructionss.

Also, if this is under 30 days, I think you have to back to newegg.

the guy that has a screwed up board, just who do you think?

I remember back in the day you had to mod a bios to make it work on a certain board and you had to be brave enough to try it and take your chances.

ASRock just took this to a whole new level :rofl:

the guy that has a screwed up board, just who do you think?

Why would ya tell the OP to re-read etc....that is what EarthDog was talkin' 'bout ;)

Okay...seems safe to say it came from Asrock this way then. Don't know I'd mess with it any longer. I'd just RMA that puppy.

AsRock states what I have is impossible. So RMA it goes. I hate newegg rma, so this should be fun. Ill report back in two weeks when and if I get my replacement.

Back