• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z270 Motherboards and HDMI 2.0a or above (+ HDMI 2.0b) Port

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

Are there Z270 Motherboards that has HDMI 2.0a or 2.0b Port?

Mine is like Gigabyte GA-270N and seems it only have HDMI 1.4

Please look at this link: Weird PC (iGPU, External Graphics Card) and LG 43UK6300 Symptom?

Above the link is where I started from, then I found out that my board only has HDMI 1.4 and I needed HDMI 2.0a or 2.0b.

*P.S: Sorry for creating a thread in wrong section. Moderators can delete this thread, I will create a new one in appropriate section.

Last edited:
Please report a thread to be moved and the staff can move it. Please do not create two threads on the same subject. :)

Moved thread and deleted the other. :)

Have you tried going to newegg and using the filter? Not sure if its an option but...

Edit: and actually, the integrated graphics on the kaby lale cpus are only hdmi 4.1 so i think you are out of luck using the integrated graphics and past hdmi 1.4...
https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

This really should be merged with your other thread as this is allllllllll about the same thing in getting your uhd going..... ;)

Last edited:
Please report a thread to be moved and the staff can move it. Please do not create two threads on the same subject. :)

Moved thread and deleted the other. :)

Have you tried going to newegg and using the filter? Not sure if its an option but...

Edit: and actually, the integrated graphics on the kaby lale cpus are only hdmi 4.1 so i think you are out of luck using the integrated graphics and past hdmi 1.4...
https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

This really should be merged with your other thread as this is allllllllll about the same thing in getting your uhd going..... ;)
Sorry about that.

Thanks.
And that sucks, that Kabylake CPU only support up to HDMI 1.4.

* Just figured out, hope what I figured out is right ones.

Last edited:
I just tested Supermicro board which has HDMI 2.0 but it uses additional chip to make it work as 2.0. Most boards don't have that. I would try to connect it via DisplayPort which supports higher screen resolution.

I just tested Supermicro board which has HDMI 2.0 but it uses additional chip to make it work as 2.0. Most boards don't have that. I would try to connect it via DisplayPort which supports higher screen resolution.
Thanks for reply.
And sorry to make you confuse.
But I can't use Display Port cause of this link's reason.
When you click that link and read my question thread, you will understand why I can't use Display Port.

?????

Where in there does it say no DPort?
Doesn't it watch Blu-ray I have to use HDMI 2.0a or 2.0b Port, not Display Port?

Also, my board Gigabyte GA-270N only have 2 HDMI port, there is no Display Port, unless I use my external VGA card.

Also, I don't think any 4K UHD TV has Display Port.

As far as I know, never seen actual TV not PC monitor with Display Port.

Am I wrong on that one?

Last edited:
Why don't you just try your graphics card's display port and a display port to HDMI 2.0 adapter.

Why don't you just try your graphics card's display port and a display port to HDMI 2.0 adapter.
Thanks for reply.

Please look at this link: Weird PC (iGPU, External Graphics Card) and LG 43UK6300 Symptom?

According to Cyberlink's UHD Advisor, I have to have feature of Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU).
It only says, "Yes" on iGPU, not on my MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC Graphics Card

And I'm asking about motherboard with HDMI 2.0a or 2.0b, cause as I wrote on the thread link of mine in above, I planned to watch 4K UHD Movie Discs on my PC.

So, I was following this, What are the setup recommendations to build an Ultra HD Blu-ray movie playback platform? for system requirements that I need to have in order for me to play UHD Blu-ray movie playback on PC.

And this is what is been said in Cyberlink:
Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.

Last edited:
Your Video card is HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) 2.2 LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection
Thanks for telling me.

Unfortunately, I already know that, cause the screenshot on the Weird PC (iGPU, External Graphics Card) and LG 43UK6300 Symptom?.

The thing is I don't think it matters that my video card is HDCP 2.2 or not.

Cause, just like what Cyberlink posted about requirements to play 4K UHD Movie Disc on PC, we have to use iGPU cause of we have to use feature of Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU).

So, basically, unless NVIDIA adds that feature on their card and Cyberlink also add support on those, that is when I think we can use their cards to watch 4K UHD Movie Disc using PC.

Did you read the link I posted above? The only thing keeping you from watching 4K movies with your PC is HDCP 2.2. The HDCP 2.2 is Intel High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. The video card or GPU has to be HDCP 2.2 compliant also the TV or monitor. Here is more to read. LINK: https://www.monitornerds.com/best-hdcp-compliant-monitors-for-4k-streaming/

Cyberlink's quote is old before video cards had HDCP 2.2, I will know for sure once Cyberlink gets back to me.

Why your home theater PC still can't stream 4K Ultra HD video
https://www.techhive.com/article/31...r-pc-still-cant-stream-4k-ultra-hd-video.html

A lot of these moving parts are only now starting to come together. Microsoft, for instance, just enabled PlayReady 3.0 with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Nvidia’s Pascal-series GPUs (video cards in Nvidia’s GTX 10-series and its Titan X) support hardware decryption of protected 4K video along with HDCP 2.2 across the entire line. Intel already supports hardware decryption in its 6th-generation Core processors (Skylake), and is building on that support in its upcoming 7th-generation processors (Kaby Lake), which will support 10-bit HEVC, a leading 4K video codec

Last edited:
Behavior like that from Hollywood is what causes normally law abiding folks to be ok with piracy. They shoot themselves in the foot and then complain about the blood.

I found this for playing UHD 4K Blu Ray.

The requirements are...

1. Windows 10 or above, Pioneer 4K UHD Blu-Ray Burner

2. Intel SGX Technology (CPU/Main Board)

3. Intel Management Engine Software

4. 6 GB System Memory (Ram)

5. HEVC-10bit/AVC Codec (GPU)

6. HDCP 2.2 (GPU/Display)

7. Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU)

8. UHD-BD Optical Disc Drive

9. Windows Media Player 9 or Above

Recommended Requirements (Optional)

10. HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display)

11. PowerDVD 17 Ultra (This is what I have) or Above

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...ignorebbr=1&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

I found this for playing UHD 4K Blu Ray.

The requirements are...

1. Windows 10 or above, Pioneer 4K UHD Blu-Ray Burner

2. Intel SGX Technology (CPU/Main Board)

3. Intel Management Engine Software

4. 6 GB System Memory (Ram)

5. HEVC-10bit/AVC Codec (GPU)

6. HDCP 2.2 (GPU/Display)

7. Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU)

8. UHD-BD Optical Disc Drive

9. Windows Media Player 9 or Above

Recommended Requirements (Optional)

10. HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display)

11. PowerDVD 17 Ultra (This is what I have) or Above

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...ignorebbr=1&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

That was what I was looking at my other thread.

And that was why I said what I said all these above.

I need to have Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) and it only support from iGPU currently, nothing else.

So, it doesn't matter if I have HDCP 2.2 support on GTX 1060 or not.

Since there is no external vga card with Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU), I have only option of iGPU, and my motherboard, there is no HDMI 2.0a or above, since it only has HDMI 1.4 and I saw the 7th Generation CPU, all those high priced CPU (For example, i7-7700) still only support HDMI 1.4, so, nothing helps currently, unless they do something on motherboard or CPU.

Last edited:
Back