• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z270 Motherboards and HDMI 2.0a or above (+ HDMI 2.0b) Port

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was what I was looking at my other thread.

And that was why I said what I said all these above.

I need to have Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) and it only support from iGPU currently, nothing else.

So, it doesn't matter if I have HDCP 2.2 support on GTX 1060 or not.

Since there is no external vga card with Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU), I have only option of iGPU, and my motherboard, there is no HDMI 2.0a or above, since it only has HDMI 1.4 and I saw the 7th Generation CPU, all those high priced CPU (For example, i7-7700) still only support HDMI 1.4, so, nothing helps currently, unless they do something on motherboard or CPU.

Nvidia’s Pascal-series GPUs support Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path.

The link I posted he is using the Nvidia GPU for 4k.

A lot of these moving parts are only now starting to come together. Microsoft, for instance, just enabled PlayReady 3.0 with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Nvidia’s Pascal-series GPUs (video cards in Nvidia’s GTX 10-series and its Titan X) support hardware decryption of protected 4K video along with HDCP 2.2 across the entire line. Intel already supports hardware decryption in its 6th-generation Core processors (Skylake), and is building on that support in its upcoming 7th-generation processors (Kaby Lake), which will support 10-bit HEVC, a leading 4K video codec https://www.techhive.com/article/31...r-pc-still-cant-stream-4k-ultra-hd-video.html

Ok, I decided to give up ideas about watching 4K UHD Movies on PC, and just watch from standard alone 4K UHD Player.

So, I think this thread can be locked.

Back