• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z400 thermal sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Z490? What board, exactly?

Thar said, no external probe replaces the internal sensor on the cpu. I'm a bit confused here honestly. Not sure why you're concerned with its accuracy....? What am I missing?

Edit: Also, it's a NAS, which isn't cpu heavy in the first place...so the clu shouldn't get hot.;)

Last edited:
hey the senser can shut down the cpu if its not present on the mother board if i understand right.

HP z400 ..................586968-001 model #...............

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

HP has a lot of proprietary things you have to work around like PSU adapter and adapter for fan header, also IO shield made to back-plate thus making cooling difficult too.

I dont know if that is a requirement or not. Neither sensor you listed reads the cpu...they read air temps. I highly doubt the pc will shutdown due to air temps.

If I was you, I would contact HP and ask if it is required, or try using the unit without and see if you have problems.

Back