• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z590 i9 10900k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n00bftw

Registered
Will I have a problem using an i9 10900k with a Z590 motherboard, i guess there's no point in getting a Z490 at this point, right?

Plugged into it will be:

Samsung 970 2TB NVME

RTX 3090FE

10GB NIC

Thanks.

Nope (no issues). Z590 is LGA1200 and supports both Comet-Lake (10 series) and Rocket Lake (11 series) CPUs. You can see that on any Z590 board if you look at the CPU compatibility chart(s).

That said, Comet Lake is NOT PCIe 4.0 capable. You need Rocket Lake-based CPU for that. You lose an M.2 port on a lot of (all?) Z590 boards because of that. :thup:

Yesterady, you were all in on 5950x and X570, lol!

i actually managed to get a really good deal on brand new i9 10900k, not sure if those 3 components i listed in the original post will al work at correct speeds though :/

Why did you buy it? :)

Anyway, good guess... most parts will. The GPU will run at PCIe 3.0 x16 which loses about 1-2%...Your 10G NIC will still run in a PCIe 3.0 x4 slot (likely a full-length slot)....I would have went with a Rocket lake basd CPU or AMD... though how much did you get the 10 series for?

Why did you buy it? :)

Anyway, good guess... most parts will. The GPU will run at PCIe 3.0 x16 which loses about 1-2%...Your 10G NIC will still run in a PCIe 3.0 x4 slot (likely a full-length slot)....I would have went with a Rocket lake basd CPU or AMD... though how much did you get the 10 series for?

£290 :clap:

Looking at benchmarks Rocket Lake just is not worth it. 2 fewer cores also, what was Intel thinking.

£290 :clap:

Looking at benchmarks Rocket Lake just is not worth it. 2 fewer cores also, what was Intel thinking.

As far as 11900K isn't worth it then 11700K is already a good deal that offers about the same but is much cheaper, especially that prices are going down every couple of days and there are additional promotions. For gaming, I see no point in more than 8 cores and 6 are actually just right. 10900K seems to give the perfect balance between price and amount of cores. AMD is somehow not adjusting its prices and I see that Intel is selling much better in the last weeks (mainly because of all these promo prices). This also confirmed my local distribution.

Back