• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z68x-ud3r-b3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Having no llc seems to be my problem.
I don't agree as you can work around it. Random values here... but if you were stable at X.X Ghz at 1.30V... you just need to achieve a load voltage of 1.30V. You can do this by raising the Vcore.

Please post BIOS settings of what you have changed. I'd like to see how you setup turbo as well...

Thats good to hear that i may get around having no llc. I was trying to roll back to a previous bios.

IMG_20200810_213135.jpg
IMG_20200810_213113.jpg
IMG_20200810_213058.jpg

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Sorry for the sideways screen shot, my phone switched it round

Screen caps... I feel like I took a time machine back to the 90s :p. These images are fine, but know your bios can capture actual screenshots and save them to a USB. :)

Eanble PLL override, raise turbo power limits as high as they will go.. same with amps. Disable EIST and C3/6.

I don't recall if you have to have turbo enabled to overclock. Consider trying to disable that and just work CPU ratio.

It isn't ideal to not have LLC, but it isn't a dealbreaker either. you don't seem to have a tremendous amount of droop.

Haha, sorry for the screen shots, i will look into saving the bios image on usb. I can still over clock with turbo disabled.
What would be my turbo limits?
Eist and c3/6 are intel power saving?
I have tried with turbo disabled and i get the same problem it freezes when i start a sttess test.
I have been looking on google at cpuz screenshots and the core voltage shows around the 1.35 depending on how high the clock is. Mine shows 1.056. not sure if this has anything to do with things

Your turbo limts set to max, whatever that is.

EIST and C3/6 are power savings, correct.

CPUz sometimes read the voltage wrong. I'm assuming since you manually set 1.35V in the bios that it is the 1.28V reading you saw in software that would be accurate. I don't ever recall seeing vdroop that is a whopping .3V. I'm guessing whatever says 1.056 doesn't change when you change the Vcore, so... that wouldn't be Vcore.

The voltage in cpuzmatches the vtt voltage on hwinfo. The voltage in cpuz doesnt change with vcore but changes when i up on the qpi/vtt voltage
I will have a look at the max turbo levels not sure i can just put max, may need to be a number.

So then that is the QPI/VTT voltage it is reading.

It will need to be a number, of course. If you set it too high, it should then set the maximum value, whatever that is.

As dejo said with regards to the qpi/vtt should i look at raising this in relation to the ram voltages?
Or in relation to the vcore?
I will up the turbo max levels and see what i get

As dejo said with regards to the qpi/vtt should i look at raising this in relation to the ram voltages?
Or in relation to the vcore?
I will up the turbo max levels and see what i get
No. One thing at a time. Leave your ram at default (2133) and try without that being set to XMP.

Earthdog thanks.
Would you suggest resetting bios to defaults and then setting the bios up, just setting vcore to 1.35, multiplyer to 4.1, pll over voltage enabled and turbo turned off or set it on with multiplier set the same as cpu and set the maximums as high as i can?

I have reset the bios and plugged in the figures. As soon as i start stress testing it freezes and i have to reboot. Done this with turbo off and on.

I am stuck. Just had to do a bios recovery. I manged to get stable at 4.1 after that it freezes. If i use turbo i can mange 4.2 my vcore was up to 1.4.

Im not sure man.. seems like that board is trash for what you are trying to do if it won't do it. Sadly, the only way to tell is to swap the motherboard out. But, your system is so old, there really isn't much of a point either.

No worries. Im having a play around and I'm adjusting the vtt/qpi. I have managed to get up to 4.2

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Thats with 4.1 base clock, the the turbo going up from 4.2 to 4.5

I have some joy. I managed to roll back my bios. I now have llc. Set to level 5 i can boot with 4.5ghz

Yea, has made a big difference. Judt need to set it up now. Totally different bios. At the llc 5 it wasnt stable using intelburn. Set it to llc 6 and 1.365 vcore.
I have read your guide but any less v core and it freezes on Intel burn

Back