• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z87 support 2 monitors without video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

Looking to upgrade pc to Z87 with 4670k and have 2 monitors without a video card and 2 with 1 video card. I dont want to have to buy another video card to support 4 monitors.

Kind if confused here. It says integrated graphics supported only by the cpu. Do any Z87 mobos will support 2 monitors at once without needed to buy a graphics card or is it the cpu that can only support 1 monitor?

Thanks in advance:)

On the 4670k the graphics chip is integrated on the CPU the amount of monitors supported is more dependent on your motherboard but, once a GPU is installed on most boards you must enable the integrated graphics in the BIOS. Some boards support up to three monitors on the integrated graphics. :)

Using DISPLAYPORT up to 3 monitors (or 4)!

Search the device for DISPLAYPORT in google, amazon, etc...

I think it depends on the motherboard you use and if it has the ports for it. But I believe so, yes.

(Do motherboards even have displayports on them?)

No ****! Thanks!

The underlying point is that it has to have two of ANY video output to be able to do that (right?), not specifically Displayport?

I've seen a post yesterday that they tried to run video card and CPU graphics port and the system crashed.

Last edited:
I've seen a post yesterday that they tried to run video card and CPU graphics port and the system crashed.
Because one post on the internet means it's true? :shrug:

LucidVirtu/Logix or whatever is what implements it. Perhaps some have trouble, but others have not (just like everything else). :thup:

Back