• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000A-CU vs. SLK800-U w/TT Smartfan 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On the zalman "web boards" or something like that, the holes are in the wrong places and capacitors were in the way... may want to check it out because some guy said he put it on there with his own modifications.

Hmm...It's because I'm considering an NF7 with a bolt-on HS. If the Zalman has considerable performance increase, I might get it if it goes on. Other than that I'll stick with an SLK-800U.

idk i debated but i think for the performance, noise and price the 7000a would be best for me, i mean if you get a 800 or 900 and put on a pwoerful fan that sounds like a hairdyer you probably will get better performance with added cost but at the same dba levels im pretty sure the zalman will win becuase of its unique design. I was going to go with a 900u + 92mm tornado but then id have to deal with fan controllers and what not, and when it comes down to it the 7000a looks cooler, performs great and is quiet.

I love newegg myself, and order most of my stuff from them. Case-Mod is a great alternate also.

from what ive heard about these the zalman comes factory with an almost mirror finish while the slk 800-900 is a machined finish that needs to be lapped so between being quiet and the finish i think the Zalman wins,as for the weight if you are going to do some heavy moving of your tower it would be better for either one to just take them off

B.t.w im currently trying to get a Zalman 7000cu so when i recieve it i will post results.

I use a slk 800a with a 92mm tornado and it is great. It drives my roomies crazy but that is why i like it. temps are great, too ;)

I use a copper shim on my cpu to aid in supporting this monster combo. It is huge looking w/that huge fan and heavy 'sink.

I am considering the Zalman for my P4 project, though. It performs well and looks great at low db.

i wodner how high people and what temps theyve been getting overclocking bartons with the 7000a

Back