• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman northbridge heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ookabooka

Well I ordered some things from newegg. And I realized that my epox northbridge heatsink was anything but good. I began to research on northbridge coolers, I do have a water cooling setup, but I didn't think it was worth it to spend 40 bux on another WB. So I spent 6 on this instead, because it apparently performs better than the abit stock northbridge fan/heatsink. After getting this, i realized the potential it had. If only I could put a small fan on top of this heatsink. I had a fan that would fit from a Thermaltake ram cooling kit that i don't need because i got Corsair XMS. And if you read through all of this I am amazed. Basically I need to know what is the best way to secure a fan to this heatsink?
Link: (The first one) http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...129&manufactory=1647&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

just looking at the bottom, it seems there is going to be a small gap where the heatsink doesn't contact the nb. However, I am not too sure, even if it does miss a little, as long as it misses the edges and not the center it should be fine. I was thinking of using super glue to secure the fan to the nb, but am worried about what will happen at high temperatures. Also, with my maze3 226 peltier system in the mail, i am begginning to worry about clearence, the NB is very close to the CPU socket on my 8k3a. . .

use some RTV silicon adhesive that'll give u vibration resistance so that the vibrations from the fan won't get transferred to the heatsink, if u got a zalman passive northbridge cooler it should have the push pins attached and I remember that they are adjustable as well. u can get away with something like a big S370 heatsink and use some thermal epoxy to put it on as well :)

Back