• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zodi's WC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Deleted post #26 and merged it with #1.

OP Updated with build summary and notes. Added parts list.

Switched out cheap CPU fans for a Zalman CNPS 12X. Watched my idle temps drop by 20C! This is just to carry me through some mid range overclocking until I get my full loop running. I also found a 900D on newegg and purchased it. Should be arriving Friday. Will be running through it this weekend to get a good solid plan going. I've been looking through frozencpu the last few days trying to come up with some good cool stuff (pun intended) I am finding there are so many more options now days than there were 4 years ago. Now it seems as I am going to have to add another monitor just for all the monitoring software there is. Koolance makes some really nice monitoring hardware and software that I am contemplating using but I really want to run the 35X pumps which I do not believe will work with the Kollance boards even if I mod it.

Looking at adding GUI flow meters, pressure sensors and fans monitors. I actually wouldn't mind adding them to a touchscreen monitor and setting it off to my side to allow easy on the fly interaction. Hmm, interesting idea though I am sure it's been done many times over.

Last edited:
All the monitoring fluff etc isn't needed. Few of us run any monitoring hardware. So please reconsider any of that. Using the CPU temp monitor on the MObo as a shutoff, and the ability to monitor pump RPMs also is good enuff for me and many others.

Been awhile since I have updated this so here goes.

Sold my Gigabyte 780 for $450 (yea I know I took quite a hit on that but I was ready to get rid of the damned thing) and got what I REALLY wanted - the EVGA GTX780 ACX SC.

Got a 4th monitor (really it was an old one just lying around. Need a 4th for monitoring while in surround for tweaking)

Purchased my 900D - currently on it's way.

I am currently in the final design phases of the wc build. I am just waiting to find out if I can run my bottoms rads both on push pull with 45MM rads. Going to be tight in there. Waiting for case to get some final measurements.

Oh and btw. I know most people do not run the monitoring software but for me I like real time data at a very quick glance. For me this gives me a better idea of what is happening and helps me decide which way to go on overclocking and other system tweaks. I know it is more money and all of course but for this build money is not a factor. Granted I can't just simply drop 2k on a wc system at once but if I am going to this I want to do it right the first time. Besides, its been since......2010 since I have done a good wc build. It's time to go all out.

Damn I would have recommended you forget the 3/4 780 and get a caselabs case. Much better than the 900D. As for monitoring, the aquaero series is the best IMO. If you want to see it on an LCD they have the Aquaero XT/PRO. It's basically a command center for fans and sensors. Can read multiple temp sensors, flow meters, compatible pumps, has PWM control for pwm pumps/fans. Expandable through the poweradjust (up to 6) which adds an extra fan channel. All of the fans can be set to custom profiles regulated by temp readings from software or temp probes. Basically its the bees knees of fluff, for those of us who love that sort of extravagance.

Ok guys winter (vacation time for the land surveyors!) is almost here and I am gathering components to start my build. Since I started this thread I have been doing a ton of research into the new tech that is out. I've spent countless hours on newegg and frozencpu as well as xtremesystems checking things out. Many a days have I also gone to my local Fry's and Microcenter to check out stock and meet fellow enthusiasts. The last few months for me has been nothing but intel gathering and also playing with the system I have now getting to know what has changed since my Core 2 Duo machine. I strongly believe I have a better grasp on what I am doing with the 'newer' platforms than I did a few months ago. I credit OCF for much of that.

In the past few months I have been building a nice space in my garage for my building. I have built a nice 96"X30"X36 (LxDxH) wood workbench with anti static mats, LED and florescent lights, even a very small sand blaster for smaller parts and a paint booth. Getting ready for the big mod.

Back