• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC GeForce GTX1070 Mini liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That GPU has a custom PCB so it's unlikely to find a full cover block for it but any universal 1070 block should work. You will need to ensure good airflow around the power section though.

Any specific specs I should be looking for? A universal water cooling block for the 1070 will fit all the 1070's, no matter who the manufacturer? Any suggestions, or links to a water cooling system that would fit?
Sorry for all the questions but this is my first expensive GPU and I never looked into water cooling before so I don't want to make any mistakes.

EKWB products have always served me well so they are usually the first place I look. The EK VGA Supremacy has the Zotac 1070 mini listed in their compatibility list so they have confirmed that it will work with your card. It looks like they offer 4 styles to choose from too which is a nice bonus.

You'll need to do some research to see if the mounting is the same for other brands that do not list the Zotac 1070 mini. Some other good brands to search for are XSPC, Alphacool, Koolance, Watercool, and Swiftech. I have a Swiftech Universal block. It's a little older but I like how the mounting plate is separate from the rest of the block and they occasionally make new mounting plates for newer gen GPU's. I could even fab my own if I wanted.

Oh, word for warning. Do not order from FrozenCPU.com They have gone out of business twice now and members here have lost thousands of dollars. A great place to order from now is Performancepcs.com or ModMyMods.

Come to think of it there is an Watercool rep that visits us regularly. I'll ask him if he has anything specific for your card. I can link his thread for you too so you can talk directly to him. Linky

Last edited:
Excuse me OP for going off topic here.

Tried private messaging you Neb to ask so I'll do it here since you don't accept private messages.

Oh, word for warning. Do not order from FrozenCPU.com They have gone out of business twice now and members here have lost thousands of dollars.

AGAIN?!!! or you talking about that one time a while ago?

Excuse me OP for going off topic here.

Tried private messaging you Neb to ask so I'll do it here since you don't accept private messages.

AGAIN?!!! or you talking about that one time a while ago?

Neb? I'll assume it was a late night last night LOL. Ya, not sure why you can't PM me, I get PM's all the time. I wonder if I'm at my inbox limit maybe. I'll look into that.

As far as FrozenCPU I recall the owner firing all the employees and closing shop and going on a bender and destroying the office including a few custom builds that weren't his but in his possession at the time. Then a few weeks later hiring everyone back and that only lasted about a month before he did it again which is what sparked the employees to band together and create ModMyMods. I remember the <expletive> storm that was caused with customers having orders delayed or completely lost. Orders that were paid in full but never shipped.

If they're back operating again I was unaware. Regardless, even if they are there is no way I would ever recommend them to anyone again. I hope all is well with the owner, but as far as business goes I thought he was finished.

Is he back up and operating again?

Update:
Plenty of room in my Inbox. Not sure, maybe some server issues last night.
inbox.JPG

My apologies Blay. I thought you were Neb for some reason. The blue threw me off and my usual "Hangover Thursday's" came a day early so that's that. lol

Oh ok so its the same story. I actually was sucked in that storm unfortunately and took a couple of months to get my fittings. I think his wife was keeping the business afloat but iirc, I think I've seen folks order from there and get their orders. I will say though, it looks like they have limited stock on some things so it looks like a lot of manufacturers might have stepped away.

LOL, ya it's what I was figuring.

On a further side note then back on topic I suppose, I'm glad to see ModMyMods starting to get more manufacturers on board. I know they were a bit scared of them at first. They seem to be rolling pretty well now.

LOL, ya it's what I was figuring.

On a further side note then back on topic I suppose, I'm glad to see ModMyMods starting to get more manufacturers on board. I know they were a bit scared of them at first. They seem to be rolling pretty well now.
ModMyMods seems to be the rising star on the reseller market, actually. We are working with them since ~1 year, and the cooperation has been extremely professional, pleasant and fruitful. Really nice dudes there!

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a water cooling option for the ZOTAC GeForce GTX1070 Mini. Something designed for this card, or maybe something generic that would work.

This is the card https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90668114/zotac-geforce-gtx1070-mini.asp
Thanks
As far as I know, there are no custom water blocks for this card at all. We do, however, offer the Heatkiller Core 60 DIY kit. This is a universal GPU water block, the heatkiller core, with an additional small size VRM water block that comes with a rectangular baseplate. You would have to cut that base plate yourself (hence the name "DIY" ;)) and can custom fit it to almost all graphics cards.

I had that system running on two cards, myself, and always loved it. VRM temps are not as good as with a real fullcover, of course, but still better than under air :)

Back