• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Kelvin Coolidge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mini-update: I just got in a couple different types of printer sticker paper to print my custom stickers! I'm perfecting the sizes in my vector program and then I'll compare the paper against each other. I'm looking at putting custom stickers on the PSU, RAM, the 'spine' of the video cards, and possibly one other location I'm still thinking on!

In other semi-build related news, I just got in some macro extension tubes for my Rebel T4i, so macro here we come! I have to practically have the lens on the item I want to shoot but man is it macro!

Since I'm going for sleek TRON-likeness, what are you thoughts on the clips?
Do they come in white ?
Hmm, maybe I will try out some UV Blue acrylic as a middle plate to separate the layers?
:thup:
It's great to see other modders find my build worthwhile of reading!
Thanks for sharing an awesome build with us! I intend to be a modder in the very near future. Builds like yours are going to inspire me to do some serious damage to my low budget rig. LOL

Do they come in white ?

:thup:

Thanks for sharing an awesome build with us! I intend to be a modder in the very near future. Builds like yours are going to inspire me to do some serious damage to my low budget rig. LOL

They DO come in white although I bought ~60 assorted cable saddles and SATA clips @ $1.00 a piece. I'm still reeling from paying that for little plastic bits BUT spray paint does come in white too!

For the acrylic, I got a 24"x24"x0.10" sheet of UV Blue acrylic in today. We'll see what the imagination machine will whip up :D

Sleeving and Stickers!

A small update for you guys. My massive order of MDPC-X arrived, and I got some time to print, laminate, and apply the PSU sticker!

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

GPU 'Spine' Sticker!

After a few prints and reprints to make the size perfect, the first GPU has it's ACQUA sticker :D

IMG_1075.jpg

ALSO, the spot that I've been thinking on was the top of the front rad! Here's the front rad with said sticker. What do y'all think? Cheesy or slick?

IMG_1076.jpg

I know from experience, since some stickers on gpu's will bubble or peel.

Ohhh the GPU sticker. Yes, I reckon that would get quite a bit hotter than the top of the rad. That's what I thought you were talking about.
Perhaps a cut-to-size piece of acrylic over the sticker could do the trick if I run into problems.

Lookin fine ;)
You seem to be doing some turbo modding these days...we can expect a couple more updates right?
Can't wait to see it finished.

Haha yes I have and thanks! Things were slow at first for painting, sanding, and the like, and are picking up speed now. My movers come in a couple weeks so I'd like to boot it before I pack and have it sent away.

As far as more updates, I have the next few days off and think I'll be doing some more cable creation/ sleeving/ and routing!

And in other news, my UV blue acrylic arrived!

Yeah no kidding! I had my previous rig (filled with coolant) shipped from the US to the middle east, where I am now, and it came out on the other side perfect. Looking back now, I should have definitely drained it!

Oh...you're in the military I assume?
Wow, that's quite a flight :p
I normally order my stuff from the US so I'm used to have parts flying, but I wouldn't trust local movers with assembled components.

Mid-week Update

Work has me swamped at the moment so I haven't had a chance to get much done but I did manage to start on the underside of the mobo tray, where most of all the power connections will be made, as well as the NEW hard drive mounting location. If you remember, I had double side taped it to the underside of the PSU. I decided I couldn't let that fly in my build. With all the work going into aesthetics, i wasn't going to let some taped up HDD ruin my build!

More pics to come when I get time!

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Finished Custom Stickers and Light Bar

To wrap up the custom stickers for now, all are applied and look great! I just received another 240GB Kingston HyperX SSD :D so now we'll need to custom mount the additional two SSDs somewhere, since I have 3 mounting spots and 5 SSDs now. With two SSDs mounted in highly visual places, they will probably have custom stickers to match.

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

Now with most of the under-mobo-tray-organizing completed, I mounted one UV cathode and one Lamptron white LED sunlight stick. As I mentioned in previous posts, I'll have essentially a 'daytime' and 'nighttime' lighting scheme. Having one of each in each location ensures the lighting is essentially identical (i.e. placement and illumination), with the exception of color.

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

Alas, no good progress comes without troubles and this one is in the form of a nonfunctional Lamptron FC Touch. I tested it upon receipt and it worked just fine though two weeks of extremely strenuous sitting in its box has rendered it broken. The backlight illuminates and powers the fans at 5v though the interactive display doesn't appear. Checking with a multimeter doesn't give any clue as to the problem and some forum searches show that they frequently just go out for no reason. Since I move in two weeks, I'll have to wait to RMA it until I return to the states as I wouldn't get it in time out here.

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

And to close on a good note! SSDs galore!

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

With the next few days off, progress shall ensue! Also in other news, I placed a another substantial order with MDPC-X, this time for mounting and cable management hardware. Those clamps Nils has are beautiful!

Last edited:
Very nice man! Good ssd choice there...and how do you like that touch controller?

Hey thanks! HyperX's have been doing me well for years. For the fan controller, I loved it while it worked, now, not so much. I'll need to wait until i get back to the states to RMA it.

Also on another note, I found out I can't ship liquids in my specialty air freight shipment so until then, air cooling it is! Once I get my goods back, I can finish the loop off and fill her up. It's probably better this way anyways so I don't have a couple liters of fluid rolling around in there if something were to pop.

Back