• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Kelvin Coolidge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But can't you ship the thing dissasembled with no coolants in it?
Just sayin'

I'll wait for some more updates then, good luck with the movers ;)

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Since I'm just about ready to fill the loop, I'm essentially frozen on progress.
When I shipped my watercooled Antec 1200 over here, I slipped the movers a case of beer so I didn't have to drain the loop. Lo and behold, I had a leak on the rad outlet barb when it arrived. Fortunately, it was small and I had the rad mounted externally on that build, so just some blue stained box bottoms.
Waiting until I get back in my new place won't be too much of a bummer since I'll be picking up the mobo, the 3770k, and the 2 or 3 GTX 670's from Microcenter, which is conveniently right down the street from my new house. (I have yet to decide on 2 or 3 cards. I really dislike not being able to run 3 monitors on 2 SLI'd cards so a third card might be in order. My current setup was two of my lesser used monitors on one card and my primary center monitor on a dedicated card of it own).

You can run three monitors off a single 6xx card, no longer limited to a max of 2 monitors on one card. But if you plan on gaming on three monitors you are going to want atleast 2 cards.

3sli 670s sounds about right for 3d/surround. Why not 7970s?
Only bad thing are the active mini dp to dvi converters which are a bit of a hassle though...but two 7970s would suffice for triple 1080p screens.

Hmm I shall look into 7970s Crossfired. I've always been an AMD GPU buyer though I was looking to make the switch to be able to fold on cards this time around.

Back