• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor (aka, "The PPPP")

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, just went and looked at this build log on OCN, and it is already up to 36 pages while this one is only up to 6.....

Wow, just went and looked at this build log on OCN, and it is already up to 36 pages while this one is only up to 6.....

People may not be commenting in large numbers, but they're watching.

I wish I was skilled/talented/connected/ambitious enough for my builds to be sponsored! But I'm not, so I watch and learn what I can.

OCN has a much higher volume than our forum, but (IMO) we have a higher quality of posts.

People may not be commenting in large numbers, but they're watching.

I wish I was skilled/talented/connected/ambitious enough for my builds to be sponsored! But I'm not, so I watch and learn what I can.

Yeah....I'm actually doing this log on 5 different forums, so I get to see the difference in the interaction in each forum. This forum is much quieter than OCN, but has much MORE participation than over on XtremeSystems. Bit-tech doesn't have a ton of interaction, but they have a huge number of members there. The viewcount has been growing there, and it may end up catching OCN before I finish this build.

I think OCN has the most views and interaction simply because I did my last build log exclusively on OCN, and developed more of a community presence there. My last build had more than 550,000 views just on OCN, so I'm definitely more known there. I've been trying to spread my forum time out more among other forums also. I agree with ATMINSIDE that Overclockers definitely has some good content here.

Yeah....I'm actually doing this log on 5 different forums, so I get to see the difference in the interaction in each forum. This forum is much quieter than OCN, but has much MORE participation than over on XtremeSystems. Bit-tech doesn't have a ton of interaction, but they have a huge number of members there. The viewcount has been growing there, and it may end up catching OCN before I finish this build.

I think OCN has the most views and interaction simply because I did my last build log exclusively on OCN, and developed more of a community presence there. My last build had more than 550,000 views just on OCN, so I'm definitely more known there. I've been trying to spread my forum time out more among other forums also. I agree with ATMINSIDE that Overclockers definitely has some good content here.

I am going to guess the amount of views servers for you as a way for telling your sponsors that people are looking? More views, more freebies?

I am going to guess the amount of views servers for you as a way for telling your sponsors that people are looking? More views, more freebies?

Total views is definitely one of the metrics that they look at. They only have limited amounts of sponsorship dollars they can invest...so they want to make sure they are doing it in a manner that gets the most exposure possible for their products.

There is also a "qualitative" exposure intangible. They want their products displayed in unique and creative ways. Nice photography. Snapping blurry pics with a cell phone doesn't do much to increase demand for their product. Ya know?

There is also a "qualitative" exposure intangible. They want their products displayed in unique and creative ways. Nice photography. Snapping blurry pics with a cell phone doesn't do much to increase demand for their product. Ya know?

This is the big thing.
Not only do you take nice pictures, you're creative. Its helping your sponsorship chances immensely :)

I had a request to show the white comparison again....after it had been stretched tight. Who am I to say no? Telios on top, MDPC-X on bottom....

0001-_MG_0510.jpg

...and closer.

0002-_MG_0511.jpg

Both are better than before I stretched the sleeve taught....but I would still never sleeve a red wire with white sleeve. Just say no folks.

In order to stretch the sleeve, I had to to go ahead and put terminals on each end of the wires, so I could melt the sleeve on the terminals to hold. This gave me a chance to play with some more of the Lutro0 Customs tools. I can tell you that this crimper....

0003-_MG_0512.jpg

....is amazing and does absolutely perfect crimps. This is a combination of the Custom 16 awg wire, the terminals that Lutro0's carries, and the Lutro0 crimper. So nice.

0004-_MG_0509.jpg

But my favorite new toy so far is this wire stripper. I've never had one before. Can't tell you how nice it is. Effortless to make a perfect strip every single time. I won't ever go back to the old way.

0005-_MG_0513.jpg

0006-_MG_0514.jpg

It's so easy and beautiful that I may need to show it on video. My first attempt with the heatshrink jig wasn't perfect though. My knife isn't always cutting through the shrink all the way on the first pass. A second pass always cuts it....but not always perfectly lined up with the first cut. Need a sharper knife...or maybe a razor blade, and I'll try again. Quick video wouldn't hurt to show off the jig either.

Last edited:
Just wanted to quickly say I've been following this since the initial post, and am thoroughly enjoying it. :)

Thanks ChronoCabal! Sometimes when it's really quiet...you wonder whether anyone is there. Appreciate you chiming in.

Is there a story behind the name "ChronoCabal"?

Subbed !! This build is amazing !!!.. u are a great inspiration !! :D ..
all of a sudden i feel sorry for my thread ! :D hehe looks sooooo messy compared to your pro shizzle ! good job..

There are lots of things I love about the EK-Res X3 150.

Of course it comes in attractive and well protected packaging.....

0001-_MG_0520.jpg

......Of course it comes with all the accessories that you would ever need......

0002-_MG_0518.jpg

....and of course the reservoir itself is absolutely beautiful.

0003-_MG_0519.jpg

But what I really love about the EK-Res X3 150, is how versatile it is......

0004-_MG_0522.jpg

0005-_MG_0524.jpg

0006-_MG_0528.jpg

0007-_MG_0529.jpg

0008-_MG_0530.jpg

EK. It's what's for breakfast.

These are definitely very unique pictures of these products, I do hope these companies realize your imagination with your photography. :)

Back