• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

post your ghetto cooling here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twinturbo454

i just thought i would share my unique processor cooling solution here for everyone to see.

the picture shows my main processor fan on top of the heatsink, then i ziptied another heat sink fan i had laying around, to the side of the heatsink blowing through it. :beer:

Attachments

• DSC00442.JPG
    DSC00442.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 946
Sjaak said:
ghettolicius :p

you really need to put the vacuum cleaner on that...

Heh you should see my case, ther's a good 1/2" of dust in the bottom of it, and my HFS is clogged with dust :)

I don['t care anyways... the sooner this computer dies, the sooner I get a new one :)

Good work twinturbo, lookin good :cool:

I used to have aghetto cooler on my TI4200 but i sold it...you can see a thread about it here

blok%20erop%202.jpg

LOL that duct looks EXACTLY like one I had in an old athalon system. Right down the the taping job (I used aluminum duct tape on mine, about the only difference)

I'm loving it!

A few years ago I bought a a Dell Demention 8400 (what was I thinking). It had windows 2000 and a pentium 3. It was very good for its time, but the design of the case was horrible, it had no case fans and it was very unstable for gaming so I ripped the whole case apart until it was just the frame. Thet solved my cooling problems :)

lol where heres mine.. i posted a thread a while a go... i raped the fan from a power supply, and the bracket is from a rage IIC card :sn:

slot cooler

and then i got my dad to make some ghetto ramsinks out of an old P1 heatsink, and we attached them to my video card with krazy glues :sn:
(see pic)

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 774
ghetto si teh new bling! ;)

Overclocking should always be a bit ghetto, of course, there's those with mad skillz who can take the unique and inventive way beyond ghetto, but even the grungiest ghetto mod that does something for your cooling or overclock is a level beyond just assembling store bought parts. IMHO if everything in your machine was bought from a store, and is in the exact condition you bought it from the store, you're not an overclocker, you're a PC assembler.

Here's my ghetto supercharged Northbridge with 10,500rpm, counter-rotating fan.

Picture_009.jpg

It's a 10,500rpm Counter-rotating JMC 40mm x 50mm fan. They sell them here for $12 for either Version, Version Two

I suggest running it at 7 volts or less so its inaudible ;)

I can still remember the look on my my Wifes face when I told her I was going to "modify" her computer, she looked in the shopping bag and saw duct tape, paper board, a couple paper towel rolls, some scissors, and some fans.

It was butt ugly but man did it work!

damn kid, it wouldnt be that ghetto if you atleast took a can of air or a vacuum cleaner to that heatsink and fan(s) and get that nasty dust out of there - dust = bad cooling, bad cooling = unhappy computer

ha, well i dont have any ghetto coolin persay but i have quite the ghetto setup. this is what i did since i dont have all my parts for my system yet . . friends desktop form factor gateway(proprietary-type case basically) w/ a 180watt PSU and only 112MB of RAM. oh and btw the lovely people at Gateway only put 326MB down for the paging file. :eek: heh, yea i know. so i took the top cover off, dropped in my 6800GT, put in my X-Connect replacing the crap 180, dropped my gig of RAM in, and upped the paging file to 3000MB minimum. now i have what is the equivalent of a mid-to-intermediate level gaming machine(everythin else is good, got 2.4gig P4, AGP8X, even 2 SATA ports on it(!)). looks EXTREMELY ghetto, but right now function is all that matters cuz i'm prolly gonna hafta wait another five days to actually have a machine of my own. arGGhhh, why did i have to lose my debit card???!!! i could have that thing right now if i didn't have to wait for the replacement card to come in . . oh well.

EDIT: I'll try and have some pics for y'all in the next couple days.

Back