• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: January, Aquamark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weirdly low score. It should be higher on 3770K. GTX470 is almost the same card and I was making 400k+ when I had 3770K. Mine was 5.5GHz+ but 5GHz is not that far to score 160k, it's not AMD. Check system, drivers etc as something is clearly wrong.

Need to tune the OS since it's a full version, that's a factor I know is holding it down.
Once I can get that sorted I'll be sure the drivers are OK and try it again. Don't hold your breath though, I'm actually a terrible 3D bencher and hardly do any of that kind of benching.

Silver_Pharaoh / 270x / 1 / Stock / 324849

Will try this again with a higher CPU OC on the weekend.

Run 1 324849.PNG

Nice run silver, will update shortly

Dr. McCoy / AMD 6870 / single / Air / 369868

Switched GPUs and it did much better but still not as it should.

OCF Aquamark 6870.JPG

Updated, I bet it was a driver problem with that 4xx you were using Doc. Has to be.

ok kewll, getting this up there now but still working on it lol

XRogerX/ GTX 560 TI/ AIR/ X1 / 233288

233288.png

You have that big poopy cooler on there now right, crank the CPU up some more.

This bench is pretty quick and light and depends highly on the CPU. So if it were me at your desk I would up the multi and run it. If it passes do it again. Just like stability testing only Aquamark is your goal not P95.

Updated, I bet it was a driver problem with that 4xx you were using Doc. Has to be.

Probrably is since the card itself is good. Biggest gripe I have is every single driver I've tried with it with the exception of version 290.36 has issues installing with it - Says it can't find a supported card and won't proceed with the install.
The GTX 560-448 is an oddball but a good one when it works.

BTW:
Dr. McCoy / AMD 6870 / single / Air / 389308
OCF Aquamark 6870.JPG

I'll need to get it cold to go higher, this is probrably my max on air.

Ok heres the last test for a few days , GOT it to 4.7 but I think I got my volts to high lol

XRogerX / 560 TI FPB / single / Air / 241736

aquamark24.png

Nothing wrong with 1.452v if that's what it takes to get that clock. With an excellent PSU (Corsair RM1000) and decent board (Giga GA 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.) and great air cooling (Noctua NH-D14) you should have clean enough juice for short runs of 1.50v without any issues. I wouldn't run it like that for extended periods though. We all have our own comfort levels.

EDIT: Wouldn't be a bad idea to throw some fans on the back of your socket and VRM section.

Back