• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy/Sell a Rockit 88 1151/1150 deliding kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev_Night

Registered
Hello,

In the next month or so I plan to set aside some time to delid my 6700K. I really like the Rockit 88 delid/relid tool but I am kinda irritated at paying $45 or so for a single use application. I tried looking on FB/Ebay for used ones, and none are available. It's not like I can save this for a future cpu down the road as this is only good for the 1151/1150 socket. New intels are at Socket 1200, and obviously this is useless for AMD

Does anyone have one that they are willing to sell me? Similarly, is anyone else in my position and they will want to buy mine? $20 or so sounds fair to split. We can discuss deets over PMs.

Thanks yall!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums Rev Night!

We have a Classifieds section for selling items but it is restricted to members who have been here a while. This reduces the amount of "sales gone wrong". Here are the official rules.

Classifieds/Trading

We have one of the safest classifieds sections on the web, due to some very strict rules regarding entry and trading:

1. 100 Quality posts are required before you can use the classifieds. The classifieds are there as a section for our members, not just for anyone passing by. Post-padding will result in a permanent ban from the classifieds.

2. No soliciting or offers to sell outside of the Classifieds.

3. Obey the classifieds rules (listed in all classifieds sections). Deadbeat dibbing, auction-style threads, thread-crapping and deleting sale information will earn you a ban.

Sorry bud... no can do.... but I feel your plight.

I thought I lent mine out to a member here... but not sure if I got it back or what...

Hello,

In the next month or so I plan to set aside some time to delid my 6700K. I really like the Rockit 88 delid/relid tool but I am kinda irritated at paying $45 or so for a single use application. I tried looking on FB/Ebay for used ones, and none are available. It's not like I can save this for a future cpu down the road as this is only good for the 1151/1150 socket. New intels are at Socket 1200, and obviously this is useless for AMD

Does anyone have one that they are willing to sell me? Similarly, is anyone else in my position and they will want to buy mine? $20 or so sounds fair to split. We can discuss deets over PMs.

Thanks yall!

There are cheaper delid tools for sale on ebay starting around $10. For example: Intel LGA 115x CPU Delid Tool for 3770K 4790K 6700K 7700K 8700K USA Seller. The seller provides a link to videos showing how to use it.

Sorry bud... no can do.... but I feel your plight.

I thought I lent mine out to a member here... but not sure if I got it back or what...

I still have the De-lidder. I also purchased a LGA-2011 De-lidder for my i9-9820x.

Cool.

You can send it over to the OP if you can/want. If so, work out the details. If not, he's got links to some much cheaper ones. :)

Thanks all! And yes, I do see those cheaper delid kits on ebay, but I would still need a relid kit. I decided to 'treat yo self' and get the copper IHS, which means those standard relid kits wouldn't work anyways. Standard delid yes. I think? I sent Rockit an email, asking them about which of their delid/relid tools will work with which IHS (stock/copper).

I'll post back when they respond. I appreciate the love fam

GamersNexus did a good review of it. At the higher volts (1.44+), it can bring down the temps by a few C. Not bad for like $10 considering I'm already going to do the delid anyways

rockit-cool-intel-ihs-temperatures.png

As stated in the video, we see this as a fun Saturday project for an enthusiast. It’s $14 to $20, which makes for a low-risk spend (although the process of delidding and applying liquid metal carries inherent risk), and it’s also accessible. Don’t expect great things out of the Rockit Cool IHS, but it does decently. Certainly well enough to be worth buying for someone who already has a thermal objective in mind: Maybe you want to reduce fan speed by 100-300RPM (thereby reducing noise), or maybe you’ve got some numerical OCD about thermal numbers, or you just think it’d be fun to play with computer parts for an hour. These are all good reasons to make the purchase. Pushing for higher overclocks or exceptionally lower temperatures would not be reasons to buy the IHS; if that’s what you’re after, you’d be better off buying a higher-end cooling system. Any bit helps when it comes to thermals, but other components can help more.

We liked the product for its affordability, machining quality, and value as a time-passer. Again, this isn’t something that’ll get you more frequency or lower voltage (meaningfully), but it is something that’s kind of fun to work with.

Back