• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbies and vaguely interested people: Feel free to ask questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL I see so many people downloading "patches" like WTF?

Same thing with futuremark products..

You need a patch for AM3 in any 64-bit OS, XP64 included. Deleting direcpll.dll is not sufficient. And if your 3DMarks aren't patched to the latest, you can't publish your score...

Alas, aquamark is still not working after that 64 bit patch. I get some sound and the rez change, but nothing else. 9 benches....god. I wish I could get one more to run properly. Already getting cups and such....thanks obscure hardware
georanma

You may have done some of these (which I know you already have done some) but

Install Aquamark3 + Win Vista/7 x64 patch (Aquamark.exe and direcpll.dll)
Delete the direcpll.dll file (for ATI cards)
Change theme to Windows classic
After starting AM3, ctrl+alt+del and open task manager. Set aquamark.exe process affinity all cores (Win Vista and 7 default it to use only 1)

I'm completely new to benching. I see a lot of different benching software. What should I use to get a general mark of my overall computer? Seems a lot of people use 3DMark06? What is Vantage? Is it just a newer version of 3DMark?

You need a patch for AM3 in any 64-bit OS, XP64 included. Deleting direcpll.dll is not sufficient. And if your 3DMarks aren't patched to the latest, you can't publish your score...

Yeah I meant for AM3 not for futuremark.. but yes, you can publish your scores without the latest patch on futuremark. I must be brain fried for real. I dont ever remember needing to use a patch to get AM3 to work. Guess I will find out in a couple of weeks though once I finish gathering parts :)

Twigglish

3d benchmarks

3dmark 01
3dmark 03
3dmark 05
3dmark 06
Vantage
AquaMark3

are popular for benching at hwbot for "3D" benches. They are not really GPU benches, as they are extremely reliant on total system performance. Someday they may include a try GPU bench but for now this is what we use.

2d (CPU or system benches)

SuperPi 1.5 (1M and 32M tests)
wPrime 1.55 (32M and 1024M tests)
Hexus Pifast (includes a BAT file with options already selected, 10M digits, 1024K size I think is default)
CPUz (for out top unstable hit it till its bleeds then hit it again benching)
PcMark 05 (from futuremark)

It's great fun and a very competitive sport :)

If you do join a bench team, make sure to follow the Hwbot rules for submitting. Screenshots with all required info, and good validation links :)

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand why Dolk got points for some of his submissions, but none for others. It says he's not participating in rankings, but he still got points for 2 out of 5 submissions:
http://hwbot.org/community/user/dolk?tab=submissions

Is the problem something with his hwbot account settings, or something else? Just want to give him clear instructions to make him certain he's doing things right.

I'd say Dolk should just delete those and re-submit without selecting "I choose to not participate in HWbot rankings"

Yes, i knew i was missing something. Thanks!

Plus, as long as i'm shamelessly plugging my thread and scoring drive, you might as well shamelessly plug your benching stuff too :D

Ok I guess first of all I question wether my rig would even help you guys score wise. I'm 8th in 3d mark 11 against rigs with the same components and 4th in 06 with rigs of the same and my best pi is 1m at 7.51. I like over clocking albeit it's easier than it used to be lol. I've been playing around since the pencil trick on old tbirds. I would however like to join if 1 I could contribute any thing and 2 to repay all of you guys that have helped me make my system run better.

That'd definitely help! As a team we currently have no results with a 560ti 448 core, so you'll have the best team score for us. Best team scores are where the team gets most of it's points, and are also the easiest way for users to contribute to the team.

There is definitely room for improvement in the 2x 9800 GTX category as well (note that 9800gtx and 9800gtx+ are combined on HWBot), so some GPU swapping to run the 2500K and the 9800s will be nice too!

The very first lesson in benching is: "Stability" means completing the benchmark and saving a screenshot, nothing more :rock:
You can run clocks that will BSOD or hard reset p95 instantly if they make it through the benchmark and save the screenshot :D

So by all means, join us!

Ok I guess first of all I question wether my rig would even help you guys score wise. I'm 8th in 3d mark 11 against rigs with the same components and 4th in 06 with rigs of the same and my best pi is 1m at 7.51. I like over clocking albeit it's easier than it used to be lol. I've been playing around since the pencil trick on old tbirds. I would however like to join if 1 I could contribute any thing and 2 to repay all of you guys that have helped me make my system run better.

Always looking for more guys who enjoy wringing their hardware out!

So let me be the second to say...

:welcome: to the team!

Check out the requirements to get "official" benching team status... You'll then get access to our private benching team lounge that will help improve your scores even more!

As another guy here likes to say about our benching team... "We have secret sauce!"

;)

Im also only on air with the occasional put it in a small fridg and clock it up route. I will look at official bench team stuff now.

Air is not a problem, SB chips do quite well on air when you get down to it!

If it's no bother could some post a screen shot of the preferred layout for a bench sent to hwbot?

Back