• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just want to say thank you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monstergamin

Registered
I want to thank everyone for thier help, I went ahead and placed my order this morning, and this would not have been possible without tapping into the Knowledge base here at OC's forums/reviews. the last 2 weeks I got nothing but positive responses with good verified facts. I posted in about every catagory From AMD to INTEL. I wanted to go with a X58 platform to start with and was schooled very well, when I realized I had high hopes and low revenue I went to AMD and once again you guys were there to help. in one case you saved me from making $200 mistake. and showed me the best way to get the most out of what I had to work with.
here is what I decided on

Phenom 2 x4 955 C.3 ( learned here about C3 vs C2 )
Gigabyte 890fx UD5 AM3 ( I cant begin to remember everyone who helped me with MOBOs)
ASUS 1gb Radeon 4870 GPU ( special thx to Earthdog & Coonmanx for getting me off the AMD/SLI nightmare and putting me on the Xfire road )
Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 2x2gb ( was recommened to spend the xtra 5 bucks and go with lac 8 instead lac 9 )

As you can see OC.com helped me in every choice I made, and made me feel at home while doing it. I am sure I will be happy with my choices. I will let ya know how everything works out. and hey maybe next time I can help someone from what I learned

Again thanks to everyone:cool:

Last edited:
Back