• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my new monitor, it's a BEAST!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

Just recieved my Sharp LC32D62U 32" 1080p TV. Using it strickly as a computer monitor. Looks great! Will post pics soon.

Last edited:
hey mia...i'll bring my digicam by tomorrow and we can take some pics for u to show all...i'm drooling in anticipation :drool:

That TV is, well, words can't quite describe it. 1920x1080 resolution (round pixels, not square ones :p), 6ms (GtG), 6000:1 contrast, inputs up the ying-yang, and: IT'S AN AQUOS!!! I love Sharp TVs, good pick Mia, I would have bought one myself if it wasn't $1k :cry: Oh well, my 2407WFP-HC will have to do :p

-Mobious-

That TV is, well, words can't quite describe it. 1920x1080 resolution (round pixels, not square ones :p), 6ms (GtG), 6000:1 contrast, inputs up the ying-yang, and: IT'S AN AQUOS!!! I love Sharp TVs, good pick Mia, I would have bought one myself if it wasn't $1k :cry: Oh well, my 2407WFP-HC will have to do :p

-Mobious-
Actually, the round pixels will take some getting used to, I was wondering what looked so different than the computer monitors out there. It's curious how much research I did before buying this unit (over 6 months worth), and yet I never knew its pixels were round. Is that supposed to be a good thing, cause I don't think I like it that way? Other than that, I love it.

BTW guys, you can abbreviate my name to Miah, but make sure you spell it with the "h" at the end, thanks! Mia is feminin, Miah is short for Jeremiah.

BTW guys, you can abbreviate my name to Miah, but make sure you spell it with the "h" at the end, thanks! Mia is feminin, Miah is short for Jeremiah.

hahahahaaaa...lol dude..I'll be there shortly after 11:00 today, my wife is getting off early, I'll bring her and the digicam...maybe she'll approve of me wanting a bigger screen once she's seen yours :soda:

A bit more info and pictures (56K warning)

Well, the display is up and running fine at 1920x1080p. It is beautiful, and everything looks/feels very high in quality. Sharps packing was better than expected as I had this shipped from NY to Japan via USPS. It was not double boxed or anything, yet it arrived in great condition despite the fact the box was a bit beat up.

I'm using this only as a computer monitor at the moment, but may add an XBOX 360 later on. My eyes are about 30" to 36" away from the screen, I'm finding that getting any closer and the pixels begin to become visable (I'm pretty picky). From this distance however, everything is clear and ledgible.

1080p videos from Microsoft's library look good, but not great. Does anyone know of a better video library I can use for comparison (I do not yet have HD-DVD or Blueray capabilities)? I think I'm seeing compresion artifacts.

Anyhow, gaming is great, but games that are not capable of using antialiasing are at a real disadvantage for PQ at this dot pitch. Developers really need to get this figured out (for the XBOX 360 & the PC), most already have, but some still have issues (ie STALKER & R6 Vegas).

So far I have not identified any dead/stuck pixels, but I do see some in my long shutter photo that could have some issues (I circled them in the picture below). Also of note, as a fan of silent computing, is the screen does not make any unwanted noise (a nice change from my CRT).

So here are some pictures for your enjoyment (thanks RDRASH :beer:):

5 second shutter - no visable banding, but you may notice about 6 pixels that may be suspect, althogh I cannot find them by visual inspection.
LC32D62U3.jpg

Viewing angle
LC32D62U25.jpg

LC32D62U27.jpg

My workspace
LC32D62U29.jpg

OCForums
LC32D62U5.jpg

GAMING
DiRT
LC32D62U15.jpg

Dark Messiah
LC32D62U19.jpg

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
LC32D62U21.jpg

1080p WMV
Coral Reef
LC32D62U1.jpg

Man Jeramiah.....it looked bigger in person, but still sweet!!!

Wish I could convince my wife to let me have one :drool:

I am so jealous! hopefully 1080p prices drop lots more...
Thanks!

Hey aja, I have a question for you...is it possible for you to get a PayPal confirmed address in S Africa? I'm selling some stuff on ebay and one of my potential buyers is telling me he is unable to get one...is he for real? Thanks!:eh?:

Updated pics

Well, I finally got around to replacing my dinky Altecs, and I rearraged my office/cleaned up the wiring and what-not.

Here's some updated pictures of my setup, all pictures were taken with my Canon SD630 point & shoot mounted on a tripod with manual adjustments:

Workspace-01.jpg

Workstation-01.jpg

Workstation-02.jpg

Workstation-03.jpg

GRAW2-03.jpg

GRAW2-02.jpg

GRAW2-01.jpg

CoH-02.jpg

CoH-01.jpg

QT-1080p-06.jpg

Back