• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship 2008 - Taipei

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
http://gooc2008.gigabyte.com.tw/index_en.html

On the 25th of this month, Gigabyte will be holding it's annual world Championship!

This event will bring some of the worlds best overclockers together (52 of them, in teams of 2) to battle it out to see who is the best!

Each of the finalists have already had to qualify and win their regional heats to receive an invitation to this event.

OCF will be well represented, with no less than 3 of it's benching team taking part.

Please show your support for the OCF members that are taking part at this event​

Please go to this web site http://gooc2008.gigabyte.com.tw/index_en.html and along the top you will see "contestants" click on that, then click on "Australia" or "USA 1" and vote for us.

You will need to put an e-mail account etc etc in, but it would be great if you could.

Not sure which one of us you should vote for ?

Easy....Both!

One of two ways.

Vote for me today (under Australia) and then Ross/Mark tomorrow (under USA 1) You can vote once every day.

Or

Help set up an account for your Wife, Mum, Dad, Brother etc etc (all of the above) And have one/half vote for Ross/Mark and the other/half vote for Myself/Dino

After you have voted, please post in here and let us know, it would be great to hear from you all.

title.jpg

schedule.jpg

hardware.jpg

benchies.jpg

points.jpg

rules.jpg

regulations.jpg

freestyle.jpg

prizes.jpg

Contestent list so far

Team South Africa: s e t h and TraX
Team Singapore: NightRaven and T_M
Team France/Belgium: Pt1t and Boblemagnifique
Team Indonesia: Benny Lodewijk, Hazzan and Andre X_X
Team India: harshal and ?
Team Thailand: ZoLKoRn and ?
Team Sweden/Finland: elmor, Sampsa and SF3D
Team Sweden(2):
Team USA(1): Ross and El<(')>Maxi
Team USA(2): FUGGER and Vapor
Team Iran: ARH and ?
Team Italy: giorgioprimo and Dimas
Team Greece: hipro5 and partner
Team Russia: DeDaL and NeoForce
Team Türkiye: hey and tosunermc
Team China(1): 1.time, artkobe
Team China(2): Victor and CD-Key
Team NewZealand/Australia: Deanzo and dinos22
Team Hong Kong: Lok and Tat
Team Malaysia: Sup3rfly and irenic
Team Vietnam: Recoba and tsondt
Team Korea:
Team Japan:
Team Germany:
Team Egypt:

I got the prize list for the people who win the "Guess the Winner" contest. These prizes are only available for US residents, but you don't have to vote for Team USA(s) if you don't want to. Winners will be randomly selected from those who correctly chose the winning team.

Click the link for the event site, click the Guess the Winner banner and just follow the instructions

GIGABYTE M912 notebook with 8.9” touch swivel panel – 1pc
GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-Extreme – 3pcs
GIGABYTE USB 2G USB drive – 50pcs
Graphics Card – 9800GT – 5pcs

gooc_prizes.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats once again guys....

No pressure....just pleasure, have fun.

Think of the FREE Ln2 and hardware you get to play with, can't beat that no matter what.....

best wishes....

LOL Dean, I was going to post out in the Intel section tonight. Maybe I still will :shrug:

Make sure you all visit the event site and vote for who you think will win and guess the best SPi 1M from the weekend to maybe win something :beer:

Awesome, I must have been out when you won the heat down under Dean, congrats :beer:

LOL Dean, I was going to post out in the Intel section tonight. Maybe I still will :shrug:

Make sure you all visit the event site and vote for who you think will win and guess the best SPi 1M from the weekend to maybe win something :beer:

You still should, more members may see it there.

Awesome, I must have been out when you won the heat down under Dean, congrats :beer:

Thanks mate,

It was a great weekend in Oz.

The event itself was held in a nightclub!!

We had Gigabyte girls, lots and lots of beer, hell! KISS was even there!!

GOM_08_042.JPG

The folks at Gigabyte and Atomic are fantastic......What a weekend, my poor head :beer:!!

Dean, I just got the updated flyer. If you don't get one soon to update the thread, LMK and I will forward it to you.

Most notable changes:

Vid card - Gigabyte R487-1GH-B x2 for CrossfireX
Memory - Corsair Twin3X2048-1800C7DF

Riva 2.10 (I guess I'll need to see if it does anything with these cards because 2.09 didn't ;))
ATI Tray Tool :thup:
AMDGPUClockTool

Dunno, I should be there instead of FUGGER ;)

So, who's doing the snake blood? I'm not, just wondering if anyone here is crazy enough.

^^ We'll either do that or make complete fools of ourselves...one or the other :beer:

Dunno, I should be there instead of FUGGER ;)

So, who's doing the snake blood? I'm not, just wondering if anyone here is crazy enough.
LOL, not. In fact, I'd probably get sick watching someone else do it :)

When they asked if there was anything I wanted updated on the event page, I asked flat out to put your info on Team USA 1. You deserve at least that much, if you don't have your own team :shrug:

Boo, Team USA 1 only has 7 votes. TJ has 7 votes and they don't even have any contestants listed HAHAHA. This needs to be moved out to the Intel section to get some play.

Hey Mark/Dean, d/l that ATT...works nice and CCC doesn't even need to be loaded on boot anymore to get the settings. LOD settings are kinda weak, but I guess something is better than nothing.

I'll ask the first Mod I can find to move it :)

Thats good to hear about ATI and CCC. Now all I need is some cards to use :bang head and I could try it.

I'm sure Matt said he was going to do it :beer: he didn't, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!

what what...SNAKE BLOOD....oh hell yes I'll do that...but someone has to furnish a six pack as a chaser......:beer::screwy:

I hear its not just blood, but bile and snake poison and all sorts of stuff....but it will make your skin smooth, eyesight improve, hair stronger etc...... I figure hey, if didn't kill the guy who did it before me...it won't kill me!!! But i'd really like some nice beer to help it go down...so I'm holding you to that Dean.

I think it's official now, got my flight info :) I'll arrive in Taipei 9/24 @ 6:10am *cough* I guess I'll have all day to catch up on my jet lag :beer:

I hear its not just blood, but bile and snake poison and all sorts of stuff....but it will make your skin smooth, eyesight improve, hair stronger etc...... I figure hey, if didn't kill the guy who did it before me...it won't kill me!!! But i'd really like some nice beer to help it go down...so I'm holding you to that Dean.

and don't forget the snake semen mixed in with it, i wasn't quite up to doing that in the last trip to taiwan :screwy: if any of you do end up doing it, we need pics of the during and after face :p

good luck to all of you guys :)

Back