• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 950 + Asus Rampage II Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slimsanta

Registered
A few months ago I got my very first "super computer" if I might say. Of course, having something powerful always makes you want something better, even if there really is no problem at all:p

Well now I want to OC my i7 to 3.8 GHz (or there abouts) and I really could use some easy settings guide on what I should change. And if you do not know, please do not send me a link to a 1 hour reading guide... That is why I'm asking in this forum.

Anyway, in CPU-Z it says this:
Specification: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07
(and) Clocks (Core #0)
Core Speed 3202.4 MHz

So what is the actual speed?

Well I OC'd my CPU yesterday with no success... I got bluescreen 3 times and decided to stop before I got fried PC for evening meal. I thought the Rampage II Extreme would take care of mostly everything on its own:rolleyes:

So I just need a simple step by step on what to change, and please keep away from talking blatturildish, I'm new to clocking:D

Attachments

• Rig.jpg
    Rig.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,595
Last edited:
Well it does not have my 950 CPU, but I'll check it closer tomorrow. Probably does not matter that much, as it has the lower and higher of the same class:)

(any other answer giving specific settings I should use is still much appreciated)

Well it does not have my 950 CPU, but I'll check it closer tomorrow. Probably does not matter that much, as it has the lower and higher of the same class:)

(any other answer giving specific settings I should use is still much appreciated)

The i7 950 isn't listed in that guide but the overclocking process will be the same.

Seems that I have to wait for tomorrow evening, but thanks again a whole lot for the info:p

Ok, so now I did an overclock and I want to do some stability tests. I am running at 3.87 GHz, and 1.4 volts. My system is just around 40-50 degrees celcius, with 72 degrees as the highest and 38 as the lowest.

I am already using CPU-Z to read my speeds, GPU-Z (don't know why:santa:) and Prime95 64bit version.

Now I could use some help reading the correct information to check if it is stabile, and also if there are any other stuff I should use. I add my bios settings later:p

Back