• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dungeon Defenders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree, looks fun. I just dont get how its a tower defense game, am I missing something.

It looks have a tower defense-ish base. Instead of having a top down view of the field, you control a 3rd person character to build things to defend, to stop waves from coming.

I just happen to be digging through Steam Store looking for coop games and I saw this. ;)

Hmmm intresting, hope they put out a demo, or at least a limited trial of the full version or something.

DAMN beat me to the punch! haha yes im excited for this game as well.... I was gonna post a thread about it on here..... anyways.... hope to see you guys in game....

did anyone pre order it? Any previews on the game play?

Oh....just noticed that this coming out for the PS3....hmmm....I might get it and enjoy some 40 inch action. That did not sound good did it....you know what I meant!
......................................................................................................................................../\lcd

Last edited:
I'm holding out a little longer. But I will gladly support an Indy developer if it is a fun game.

DELAYED!!! :(

But at least they are going to roll some DLC into it. Now that's unique.

Sorry for the wait on this. We have just been in lockdown mode internally to do some critical development, and figure out a few things. The short of it is, while the game is essentially completed, it has to be delayed on PC and console until January, with the demo on all platforms in January as well. Why is this? Let's just say, certain parties requiring platform launch windows & requirements to do a simultaneous launch...

However, we are gonna make this longer wait worth the community's while.

Firstly, as we have already completed two beautiful DLC maps, several item packs, and new enemies -- rather than releasing them as DLC, we're going to put these additional into the initial version of the game. So your $9.99 core title just got quite a few more hours of gaming packed into it.

Secondly, we're going to make our first month's worth of post-release DLC packs post-release free for all platforms that permit it (this will include at least one additional level and our first new hero class).

I should note that the mobile versions (iOS and Android) are all going to launch in mid-December. And we're now supporting more Android platforms than just Tegra (hence the grind we've been on over the last two weeks). Yeah, I realize that may be a kick in the pants for us PC and console gamers, but mobile's able to get around the simultaneous launch requirement since it's a different SKU.

Again, to all, you have my sincere apologies for the delay on this, and our huge appreciation to everyone in the embryonic DunDef community here. Hopefully our efforts to pack even more value into the initial game goes some way towards expressing that. And you can bet we'll be around on a daily basis from henceforth!

I am pretty peeved that the game has been delayed, serves me right for doing a pre order but after seeing THIS I am getting kinda excited once more. The game will also be for your Mobile and "characters are cross-compatible with the upcoming PC version, and there will be cross-platform online play upon the PC verions debut next year".

Back