• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA RMA CHUCK NORRIS STYLE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Douken

Just what the heck...

I mean, seriously

So, I bought my 8800GT back in spring 2008 and after like 1 year and a half of problems I can finally send it for RMA to EVGA. So I know that they don't have 8800gt in stock, because well, 9800gt is the same and probably that's what they're sending me, or so I think.

So I got the mail today, saying my package has been shipped. And so i ask myself, is there any way to know what card they shipped? So I head to the website to check the RMA Status. It says shipped. Im looking for a product name or something, well, after looking well I see the following:

Part Number Out: 015-P3-1480-AR

I remember product numbers ended with AR cause my 8800gt does. And so I read above:

Part Number: 512-P3-N801-AR

Part Desc: e-GeForce 8800GT 512MB

Then I go, ok so 512-P3-N801-AR is an 8800GT, then what the heck is 015-P3-1480-AR ...

So I head to google, only to see this.

It's incredible, I payed $220 back in 2008 for my 8800gt, and they send me this? I believe it when I see it. But I'm very happy :D lol

Last edited:
That is insane!! Probably because they cant give away 480's anymore so they figure they should at least make someone happy with them!

Everyone has been getting great RMA deals! Dolk got his 4870 Matrix traded up to a 5870 Matrix and you go from an 8800gt to a 480?!?!!? I need to break more parts!

My Asus laptop is having trouble playing Crysis with its 9300m GS. Maybe if I try to RMA it to eVGA they'll give me a 540m?

Based on what he received for his 8800GT, you should get GTX580s for an RMA'd 9800GTX+...

Who wouldn't want a GTX480 basically for free??? I would flip it personally...

I just got this email

Thank you for your patience with using EVGA’s RMA service to replace your EVGA product for Warranty or Step-Up. For your convenience the replacement shipping to you has been automatically registered to your account.
So I went to the website to see it in my products list.

Your EVGA Product #1
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Part Number: 015-P3-1480-AR
Part Desc: EVGA GeForce GTX 480
Place Purchased: EVGA RMA
Purchase Date: 3/20/2008
Date Registered: 01/15/2011 7:03:02 AM

:D So it was true

no one is buying the 480's because a 570 is roughly equivalent with less power consumption and less heat for $70 less.

no one is buying the 480's because a 570 is roughly equivalent with less power consumption and less heat for $70 less.

I got it for $360 less than the GTX 570 ($360), so I can't complain. :p

Impressive to say the least for a free upgrade . I'd have no problems with "that" kind of rma ! Congrats .

Back