• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Is Team 32 going to fall out of the Top 5?"- Feb 14, 2011 » Team 32 Report

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tleilaxu Ghola

"Is Team 32 going to fall out of the Top 5?"- Feb 14, 2011 » Team 32 Report

»
Team 32 has to shift it's focus now on the 24 hour avg PPD race. It's the only way we can stay in the Top 5. If someone has not already said so, I will say it; The 24hr PPD race is the only one that matters now.

top10global.jpg

Taking OCN out of the equation, as the supplanting of Team 32's #4 position is methematically unavoidable. We now have to say that it's becoming more about the war for Team 32, than it is a particular battle.

Team 32's war has begun, the time to act is now. For now the more meaningful and important events are upon Team 32.. The impending battle to remain *in the top 5* world wide is where the focus needs to shift. Staying in the Top 5 Worldwide..? This is the race that matters more, this is the race that is the one we going to need to pay attention to now.

top10global24hrppd.jpg

This is he race where one guy folding -bigadv on an i7 literally matters now. Folding -bidadv is what is allowing a team with 5 million WU's to have more points than a Team with 8 million WU's, and it's starting to make things interesting. (At least for us team point watching geeks)

Team 32 is now in a tight race where every point counts. When we fall into the #5 spot, the 24hr (PPD) between #5 Team 32 and #6 TSC Russia **is 30,823 ppd**.. ONE i7 folding -bigadv really does tilt the balance now. Custom PC & bit-tech at #7 is definitely looking to get into the Top 5 folding teams. It's starting to look like, when Maximum PC falls, they are going to fall hard and fast...or are they, new activity at Max PC seems to show they may have some fight in them yet..

4teamnewactivity.jpg

Custom PC is only FIVE i7 -bigav folders away from overtaking Team 32 in 24 hr PPD race. I think if we want to say we are in the "elite" class of folders then we need to start acting like the 24hr ppd is what matters, and nothing else. I think Maximum PC is teaching us an important lesson about the hazards of complacency and believing your Total Point cushion is insurmountable and your folders will stay with you forever. New folders matter a lot now. The -bigadv bonus has certainly changed the team folding landscape... But looking at the numbers, we are doing pretty good as a team right now, even though we will get overtaken, finally, by a team with more than twice the amount of active folders.

But it's also awesome to see Team 32 had it's best week on the charts last week, and it's best month EVER in January!

t32prod.jpg

After taking the time to look over the race taking place in the top tier of folding teams I have to wonder just what happened to Maximum PC? Such a serious disintegration taking place right before our eyes. What happened ~there~ that we want to make sure never happens here? Acting as if there is no such thing as "total points" going forward is a good start for Team 32 in maintaining it's place among the truly elite in the folding world. Where we belong..:cool:

So welcome to the new war...

Team 32
vs

Team 11108
Team 35947
Team 47191

Team 32's madness begins in March, when we drop down to #5.

The Nuetral Zone.

-TG

Last edited:
you have officially inspired me to run my main rig 24/7 and install the smp client, as well as install a 2nd GPU into my folding rig.

Lets go people!!!

Im limited right now till I get my Sandy Bridge back,but will add my 9800GTX to my main rig with my 580 and SMP,not sure it will be worth it though..

By this time tomorrow, I'll have about ~20 machines folding 24x7 for about a week and a half. It should give a little bump, but it won't be long term I'm afraid. :(

Edit: TG, excellent job on the information and status report. I like it! :thup:

Woah... 20 rigs... nice addition :thup:

I am now folding non-stop 24/7 and woah! I passed 3 million without realizing it.

It's kinda funny (or sad), but I just switched my i7 over to bigadv this morning. I've been out of the loop for awhile and didn't know you could fold bigadv with Windows. :bang head

I often wonder if we need a Folding@Home newsletter each month - keep people up to date with what they should be folding on what ...

It's kinda funny (or sad), but I just switched my i7 over to bigadv this morning. I've been out of the loop for awhile and didn't know you could fold bigadv with Windows. :bang head

But I just passed you? Guess that wont hold for long :D

You did remember to get a passkey right? :)

Oh, have we moved to this thread now? Should I post here, or is this just for the other teams? :D

And the point of this drivel is what? I take it that you are some OCN person and it looks to me like you are trying to start crap on our forums. I don't you from Adam and I don't run Standford's DC project, but I do moderate here. And you are stepping real close to the line on starting a flame war. And that I won't allow.

You are visiting my forums, not me visiting yours. And you will play by our rules here, which tend to be a bit stricter than other forums out there. I don't mind a little good natured kidding, but from that post it sounds like you are doing it in multiple threads, which is getting borderline. Enjoy your stay here, but follow our rules on these forums with your posting.:)

Oh, and if you get bored, you can come try out a little BOINC/Rosetta for your team and I will spank you back to OCN in production.;) :D I personally much rather fold proteins under BOINC for Rosetta than the Stanford project because it takes much less monitoring.

muddocktor

hey guys back on the fold! Another 38k ppd for team 32. Probably gonna drop one of the gtx 460s electric is never cheap :( Good to be back, though

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 224
Ima add in my shiny new gtx295. Im folding just to keep warm this winter.
Hell have a 460 too
and 2 260s
lol

its only about 47k ppd but every bit counts

Last edited:
Not if I can help it!! haha!

I may be small fry compaired to some but just added my first -bigadv worthy cpu.
Soon as I get a few more bucks (in a month or so) I will buy a psu for the C2Q board i have and put that back on the fold.

I gotta say though, for only having 300 something active users we are doing waaayyyyy better than some other teams. Big pat on the back for being efficient team 32!

One person folding bigadv will do multiples of what my four SMP instances + two uniprocessor instances + laptop GPU can achieve, from what I understand.

Wow! Some huge updates on kakao stats this AM!!! Last 24 hours - over 6 mil points, the last update, was almost as large as ocn's!!!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Back