• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy problemsss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svetko

i noticed something wasn't right a couple months back and just yesterday things got real bad - blue screens...

at first i started getting system errors of different types. most common was that something msi stopped working or missing, or sometimes "There was an error copying this file." - and i had random crashes to blue screen eventually. it looked to me it could be a hard drive issue and i ran the windows bad sectors test and memory test - got nothing.

a time came when i couldn't use the computer for more than 5 minutes (all this happened progressively within 24 hours) so i decided to re-installing windows but i also had big problems doing it because i would get blue screens just after i click "Install" and select language/area (after it loaded the initial files after boot from dvd). the error was 0x00000007E (and also 0x00000003b and sometimes it says "Memory Management Problem").

at the end I reset my cmos and it finally went ahead and installed windows.

but - i am still getting the same crap. it was ok just after installation but after updating like half of the "important" ones i got the same crash again..

what should i do?

edit: Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

Last edited:
i'm using win 7 64bit

what does LLC mean?

edit:

windows memory diagnostic didn't find any problems.

i tried to start memtest86 from a CD and it got me to the main screen but then it crashed. after that my computer started crashing on the very first window where you pick the version of memtest - and was restarting on its own.

tried to enter the BIOS - it crashed while i was in the bios... so i reset the cmos again.

i also here these strange clicks coming i thing from the motherboard.. i've heard them before but very rarely... do they mean anything?

Last edited:
LLC=Load Line Calibration-> a setting found in the bios.

This problem could a couple different things, it could be RAM or CPU instability, power supply issue, or a hard drive going bad. From what you've said so far I would suspect either a RAM, CPU or power supply problem. Try swapping the PSU if you can, then test try testing the RAM. Next I would try a thorough Prime95 test on blend for ~12hours. Clicking sounds are usually a hard drive, but I would still start with a PSU swap if possible.

what can i do with the LLC?

i dont have an extra PSU :( - i guess i will have to order a new one then, any recommendations?

i did a memory check with windows diagnostics and it didn't find any problems, also checked my hd for bad sectors (2-hour process). will try with Prime95 now.

EDIT: i'm not sure what "on blend" means and how exactly to operate Prime95, but as soon as i started it in all 9 "Workers" i got:

"Possible hardware errors have occured during this test! 2 ROUNDOFF > 0.4 (also 3 roundoff > 0.4) Confidence in final result is fair." what does this mean?

i also wanted to mention another issue that happened, maybe this would help identifying the problem? i tried installing Daz Studio 4 several times and i always get some error at the very end that the program did not isntall correctly. when i try starting it anyway i get this:

"The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling.." - I tried - same issue..

MSVCP100.dll appears to be a C++ library file and should've been installed with Daz. what could cause the C++ library not to get installed? i checked under my installed programs and there was absolutely no any version of C++ installed there..

could this still be caused by a bad PSU or should i start somewhere else?

Last edited:
Check processor temps at full load (prime 95) with something like coretemp, When you first start pirme95 click the "Just testing" then press OK (the blend circle should be highlighted). I wouldn't order a new PSU yet, if you had one laying around it would have ruled a possibility. The PSU might not be the cause.

Check processor temps at full load (prime 95) with something like coretemp, When you first start pirme95 click the "Just testing" then press OK (the blend circle should be highlighted). I wouldn't order a new PSU yet, if you had one laying around it would have ruled a possibility. The PSU might not be the cause.

my temps are running in the 65C range - checked with RealTemp.

since it's not my first time running Prime95 is there a way to set it to "just testing" now?

also i am not sure how to read the results:

it looks like there are errors, right? memory errors?

memtest86 doesn't seem to be working either, i posted a new thread about it here.

also, a minute ago while i was closing IE the computer crashed to blue screen saying there was a problem with Memory Management. does it mean i have bad RAM?

update: memtest86 didn't start, running memtest86+, got one error so far:

what does it mean?

Last edited:
It's almost a guaranteed Ram problem, try backing the timings off to 8-8-8-24-32-2T and see if the prime95 errors go away (there should be no errors). Memtest86+ is ok for detecting if the memory is really bad. I've had no errors with Memtest86+ after many hours only to fail prime95 after minutes. A big help would be posting a screeshot of CPUz with the SPD tab. Your temps look good, and it appears as though your running the CPU at stock so I doubt that voltage or heat are the issue (65C is good for an i7 as far as I know).

12 hours later

been running for almost 15 hours - it found more:

could it be also the PSU not being able to supply those voltages? i'm asking because i've been using this RAM for a year on stock voltages with no problem.

Last edited:
alright, i changed the speeds to 9-9-9-24-2T and left the voltage on Auto since it was showing 1.5V. i bumped slightly the clock speed up to 558 MHz.

memtest86+ didn't find any errors for 90 minutes ..and i stopped it to log in and test with prime95 - which found errors instantly..

that's really frustrating.. do i have bad ram after all?

I'm out of ideas and it looks like RAM, the problem with that is the RAM is rated for 1600Mhz and it's being tested at 1100Mhz with the timings set as if it were running at 1600Mhz...Anybody have any other ideas.

Back