• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock 3820

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

hello, i need help to understand what happend after i patched my bios! my cpu has overclocked itself with me doing nothing :s i had it stock until bios update and i noticed temp & vcore running high so i checked clock frequency and i was surprised. so, is this so good i just should leave it this way or is it bad? and do anyone know whats happened?

Attachments

• Uten navn.png
    Uten navn.png
    792.1 KB · Views: 98
The voltage should be fine as long as your temps are in order.

It looks like how AI does the auto-overclock.

The voltage should be fine as long as your temps are in order.

It looks like how AI does the auto-overclock.

i dont know if you can see the picture i added large enough, you can try to dowload it and see? there are all temps, frequenzies and other things that may help.

keywords

vcore almost 1.4

cpu temp 34c

frequenzy 4675.77

etc?

if you can say if its safe to have it this way? or can it damage my system?

thanks for trying to help me, much appriciated!

Run Prime or intel burn test while monitoring your temps.

The Vcore seems a little high but that is to be expected with auto-overclocks.

You want to see what your max temps are.
If it pushes past 85 stop.

On IBT, 3 passes will be enough. (this is just a quick and dirty way to see if you are in the right ball park)

You want to see what your max temps are.
If it pushes past 85 stop.

On IBT, 3 passes will be enough. (this is just a quick and dirty way to see if you are in the right ball park)

oops my mistake the sensor recorder wasn't able to post temps while testing.

hwmonitor reports highest core temp 66c. is that OK?

66 while running IBT is fine. You will never stress your CPU under normal use even close to what IBT does.

i ran 5 times and reached 68..

my cooler is a corsair H60. quite good for that price i think.

however, what im worried about is the vcore. isn't 1.400 high for this cpu?

im afraid it will burn or break...and even worse, bring other hardware with it to the grave?

it will not go back to original clock, everytime i reset it or set bclk to 100.000 and offset voltage + ram to 1600, it reboot and goes back to like in the picture. what to do what to do......?

You have GPU software tweaking running in your picture and your working with the CPU? Are you setting the BCLK in BIOS? Also have you tried setting bios with optimize defaults.

You have GPU software tweaking running in your picture and your working with the CPU? Are you setting the BCLK in BIOS? Also have you tried setting bios with optimize defaults.

no, look away from gputweak in this setting, it was just for getting all numbers in the pic. yes in bios, i even did clear cmos but it still upclocksit self :s

no, look away from gputweak in this setting, it was just for getting all numbers in the pic. yes in bios, i even did clear cmos but it still upclocksit self :s

Do you have overclocking software installed from Asus? If you do I would remove it then try setting the bios

Back