• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX v1.0 - unable to flash BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whity67

Hello dear all, I'm trying to update my MB BIOS to the last version because Win 11 is unable to choose the right GPU for low consuption or high performance, it use or the embedded or my 7900 XT on both position. I used to have a MSI MB with Intel chipset and Windows 11 was perfect on manage the embedded GPU or the high performance(6800 XT) when necessary
I have aslo some doubt about fans management, because even if I set the PWM value to 0 until the 30 Celsius they dont go under th 650rpm, only the Arctic freezer II 360 ARGB go slowest, more ao less around 250 rpm as minimum
I've enabled also the "STOP" function for every fan but it doesnt work.
Any suggestion/solution?!?

1. So, you can't update the bios? It isn't working, the update?? Explain the behavior... please list system specs.
2. What fans do you have? Are they pwm? Wjat header(s) are these plugged into? Can the header support pwm fans and is the header set to pwm in the bios?

1. So, you can't update the bios? It isn't working, the update?? Explain the behavior... please list system specs.
2. What fans do you have? Are they pwm? Wjat header(s) are these plugged into? Can the header support pwm fans and is the header set to pwm in the bios?
1. At the end the I discovered that I was using a wrong BIOS file. On my Amazon's order was specified ver 1.0 but I have received the MB ver 1.2, so the last BIOS is FA1a and now is installed!
2. The fan are pre-installed on my case CM HAF 500 so, in front I have 2 x 200 PWM and one 120 PWM in back, internally I have a 120 PWM fan
The internal 120 fan is connected to System3 on MB and the front/back fans are connected on an ARGB hub and the hub to system2
The Arctic Freezer II ARGB is connected to CPU_OPT and it the only that works a little quiet following more or less my PWM profile on BIOS
The rest of the fans don't go under 650rpm following only partially my PWM profile on BIOS

Yup, been there done that. I tried to flash my Giga X570 WiFi board with the non-WiFi version BIOS. Thankfully it wouldn't let me brick the board.
It's a bit sad to me that the same board with or w/o Wi-Fi wouldn't work. I mean, I get it... but, for something like that which isn't even integrated (it's an M.2 card...)............

I don't think it will change anything, but Gigabyte is releasing a new BIOS with the latest AGESA and some fixes for (probably) all AM5 mobos. I see it for some higher models - the B650E Master was released today. I have no idea when (or if) they release for cheaper mobos.

I've tried to ask Cooler Master and Gigabyte too for this problem

"I have also some doubt about fans management, because even if I set the PWM value to 0 until the 30 Celsius they dont go under th 650rpm, only the Arctic freezer II 360 ARGB go slowest, more ao less around 250 rpm as minimum I've enabled also the "STOP" function for every fan but it doesnt work. Any suggestion/solution?!?"
Gigabyte said that CM fans on my HAF 500 are not PWM so I cannot manage them.....soud strange
The only big doubt is....the A-RGB hub on the HAF 500 have a SATA power connector so I connected it to the power supply....it is necessary in case I connect the HUB directly to the MB?
Could this compromise the PWM functionality?
On the other side Coole Master said the fans work properly and the problem must be found in BIOS trimming.....but they don't declare the minimum speed and voltage for his fans!
Attachad on CPU_OPT I have an Arctic Freezer II ARGB 360 that works fine near 250 rpm that is more or less its minimum rpm, so why the other fans won't run under 650 rpm, they are not PWM?!?!?

Most PC cases with more pre-installed fans (usually 3+) have them connected to a hub. Hubs often have a PWM cable that you connect to the motherboard, but it's powered by a SATA cable. In many cases, hubs don't have PWM cable, and it's very annoying. I usually buy cases without any fans as I find most fans that come with cases useless for my needs or low quality. I simply don't want to pay for that. On the other hand, if I buy any case, then it's something less standard and high-end that almost always is without any fans.
Cooler Master is a mid-shelf brand, and they release many low-end products too. As long as many users like their cases, then many fans and AIO coolers are pretty bad. This is how I feel about them after testing multiple products.

Most PC cases with more pre-installed fans (usually 3+) have them connected to a hub. Hubs often have a PWM cable that you connect to the motherboard, but it's powered by a SATA cable. In many cases, hubs don't have PWM cable, and it's very annoying. I usually buy cases without any fans as I find most fans that come with cases useless for my needs or low quality. I simply don't want to pay for that. On the other hand, if I buy any case, then it's something less standard and high-end that almost always is without any fans.
Cooler Master is a mid-shelf brand, and they release many low-end products too. As long as many users like their cases, then many fans and AIO coolers are pretty bad. This is how I feel about them after testing multiple products.
Hi Woomack, you have given an exact picture of the situation, in fact I would like to no longer use the a-RGB HUB and try to connect all the fans individually to my motherboard. I need to find at least three PWM connections to drive the two 200mm front fans and one 120mm rear fan. The 120mm fan that blows directly on the graphics card can be left unused
I've never tried to simply disconnect the a-RGB hub from the SATA power cable, just to check if the would be driven and alimented directly from the mother board
Could this be an option or could it damage the MB with too much load on just one connector?

I'm not sure how many a motherboard can handle. I have 9 fans connected to one ARGB header on my ASUS test mobo right now, and it's fine.
I'm usually connecting fans using 1->3 splitters and then to PWM ... or 2 of those connected to one PWM. On the mentioned ASUS mobo, I have 6 fans to one PWM and 3 to another one.
If you use multiple higher wattage fans (usually only server series) then you may think about some kind of fan hub for power and sense cable in a PWM plug separately. Many brands sell something like that. For some reason, most PC cases don't have it designed right.

In short, I try to keep it as simple as possible without hubs or other things to save space and have all the management available from BIOS/single app. There are always splitters as even when the motherboard has more PWM headers, then I dislike using more of them.

I'm not sure how many a motherboard can handle. I have 9 fans connected to one ARGB header on my ASUS test mobo right now, and it's fine.
I'm usually connecting fans using 1->3 splitters and then to PWM ... or 2 of those connected to one PWM. On the mentioned ASUS mobo, I have 6 fans to one PWM and 3 to another one.
If you use multiple higher wattage fans (usually only server series) then you may think about some kind of fan hub for power and sense cable in a PWM plug separately. Many brands sell something like that. For some reason, most PC cases don't have it designed right.

In short, I try to keep it as simple as possible without hubs or other things to save space and have all the management available from BIOS/single app. There are always splitters as even when the motherboard has more PWM headers, then I dislike using more of them.
At the end, I 've found the time to check again the fans and the hub.....the hub is PWM and all the connectors in it are PWM but, the only real PWM attached at present is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 360a-rgb, this is why is the only I can handle correctly starting fron more or less 200rpm!
All the other fans, the two front 200mm and the rear 120mm have only 3 pins so I must substitute them or find on the motherboard the way to hadle them with voltage....

If you have a DC option in fan profiles, then use it. It will adjust speed based on voltage. Then you can force fans to run at 30 or 50% all the time. I hate when fans are changing speed, and it sometimes goes from silent to buzzing every couple of seconds, so I usually set around 30-40% speed for all fans, and if I use a pump, then I set it at 50-100% (depends on the pump).

BTW, I know most probably I have to open another thread but I'm quite convinced that my Gigabyte choice has been wrong.....I've always bought MSI motherboard without any problem....with the Aourus if I try to use the profile EXPO1 with the RAM, the PC freeze randomly and at boot don't start anymore....the strangest thing is that when I reset BIOS setting at first boot , the system cannot find one of the 2TB NVME M.2 drive, used on RAID 0 !!! :mad:
I'm using G.Skill flare 2x16GB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5 they should be certified fot EXPO and tested on my MB

BTW, I know most probably I have to open another thread but I'm quite convinced that my Gigabyte choice has been wrong.....I've always bought MSI motherboard without any problem....with the Aourus if I try to use the profile EXPO1 with the RAM, the PC freeze randomly and at boot don't start anymore....the strangest thing is that when I reset BIOS setting at first boot , the system cannot find one of the 2TB NVME M.2 drive, used on RAID 0 !!! :mad:
I'm using G.Skill flare 2x16GB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5 they should be certified fot EXPO and tested on my MB
Problem solved, after 2 BIOS update and 2 or 3 BIOS reset, don't know how but fortunately now it works! ;-)

Back