• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob needs help building a gaming pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blindeagle

Registered
Hi there i wanted to ask if anyone would advice me on what things to buy for a gaming PC. Here are some specs.

Budget is £900 can stretch to £1000 if it would make a difference.
The only thing that i would like in it is the case to be Mars Series ATX Case With Blue LED Fans( i like the pretty color
I wont need anything like keyboard mouse, OS, just the actual rig.
Also would like there to be some usb ports at the back and at the front to plug in my keyboard , mouse.
And one dvd drive.

Anyway thanks for the advice

4670K - $186
Giga Z87 UD4H - $156
2x4GB DDR3 1866 CL9 1.5 (Corsair vengence) - $76
EVGA GTX 770 - $300
Samsung EVO 120GB SSD - $87
Seagate 1TB HDD - $104
Corsair RM 550 - $87

Total - $996 including VAT at scan.uk

If you are overclocking, grab an aftermarket cooler on top of that.

Last edited:
Well, give it a day, there are others with much more time that can search for combo pricing etc for better deals. Put your pants back on at least until tomorrow. But that build is solid, but better pricing could be had I am sure.

I would spend the extra ~$5 for the ACX version of the GPU. Runs cooler/quieter.

Did you need a HDD/SSD?

With my updates, he may need to drop down to a 760 or 7950 to keep under budget. I have no clue what his MARS case is or how much it costs.

One thing about the build is that i prefer Intel processors as i been told by a lot of people they are better

But it says the Processor is AMD FX-6300 which is AMD not like Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz etc ?

Back